48; Moving in

Shay's POV

It was a great idea of letting Tommy choose our paths cause clearly, Calum and I would not give in and would do anything to make either of us happy but thank God, we have a little tie-breaker and the both of us would do anything to make him happy, and if staying here in LA would make my boys happy, I'll be happy too. I know I had great dreams for myself, but it wouldn't mean a single thing if they are not there to experience it with me. Plus, I bet they're something for me here in sunny LA. I will look for it, I have faith that we're on the right track. 

Another thing to be super excited about besides moving to a new house, my graduation ceremony is tomorrow! So this past week, I have been buying empty boxes and packing stuffs in cause the rockstar of my life, Calum Hood have this amazing idea of having the graduation/ housewarming party in the new house, and being a rockstar that he is, he's busy with his promotional work, I have to pack all my stuffs and bring it all to the house. I've packed my books, my dishes and glasses, not to mention the stereo and Tommy's toys and clothes! There are a few stuffs I have to say goodbye to, cause Calum insists we buy new furniture, like new beds, couches and dining table etc. It's also sort of like Calum's way of saying Get rid of the past, and get on with the new. I'm not saying he's wrong, getting on with the new is great! Forgetting the pain, and heal from all the sadness but it's sad too to get rid of the past. Like my beautiful red couch for example, I love this couch! This is the first couch I bought for myself, with my hard-earned money and yeah, I am thinking of keeping that. 

My phone rings and I answer it while putting some last books in the box, "hello"

"hey baby, how are things going?",  isn't it my beautiful sweetheart, the busy bee.

"Things are going okay, I'm just doing some last packing and I'm gonna pick Tommy up and head up to the house", I told him. 

"That's great, you are such an organizing person", he teases me. 

"Quit it, rockstar. I know you feel guilty for not being here helping me, but don't worry. I got all the muscles", I said and I can hear him laugh, "yes, I do feel guilty but I'll be back tonight to help you unpack. Promise". 

"Okay, better keep on to that promise. I'm hoping here. Have you packed your stuffs, even?", I asked him. 

"It'll only take a few minutes to pack my stuff, I'm a bachelor, I don't have a lot of stuffs", he said confidently.

"Mmmmhmmmm, you might not have a lot of stuff but you have more clothes than me, not to mention, shoes!", I teased him back. 

"Light stuffs, nothing heavy! The only heavy object is my bass and amplifier, that is all. Oh before I forget, the new furniture are coming in today, so just instruct them where would you want to place them", he told me.

"Okay, I will. And Cal, are you sure it's a good idea to have a graduation party at our place? I mean, we still need to unpack and I need to graduate tomorrow. Do you really think we have the time to sort out everything? We could always have a housewarming party another day?", I try to talk him out of it cause everything is just happening so fast and I'm not sure if we have the speed and energy to prepare everything. 

"Chill, Shay. The graduation/housewarming party would not be happening till tomorrow  night, 29 hours to be exact", he told me and I don't think he's even thinking. 

"That's a short amount of time, Calum! We'll be unpacking all night and I have to wake up tomorrow morning and prep myself to graduate and that will end in the afternoon and we only have the evening to prep everything for the party, we don't have time!", I told him but it seems like he's not listening to me, what's new?