45; Why can't we ever catch a break?

Shay's POV

Fighting with Calum may seem a normal thing to do, since we fought before and we always manage to come back to good terms, always. But this fight was different, it wasn't an unresolved issue, well it sorta is cause it's about the job offer in Princeton but we could talk through it but when he doubted my love towards him, saying that I enjoy breaking him apart and hurt him is like a needle poking through my vein slowly, slowly hurting your bloodstream and the pain makes it way to my heart. Does he have any idea that hurting him, hurts me more? 

A job offer in Princeton and get to do a course half the price, and later on nailing a teaching position in Princeton sounds super gratifying, it's sort of a breakthrough on what I'm supposed to do career wise. I have been struggling on what I'm going to do, and this is a sign that maybe, teaching could be my thing but he did not go deeper, he just went straight being fucking mad, assume that I'm going to leave him and called me fucking stupid? 

We have our stupid moments, I admit but in this moment, all I have ever think about is to better my life and Tommy's. That's the whole fucking reason I pursue my studies in the first place, and no, I refuse to be a housewife of a multi-million rockstar and go to afternoon yoga classes and mingle with the other wives, and plan stupid fancy gatherings and parties! I'm not that kind of woman, and if he ever thought a second that I would give in to his money like that, he's the fucking stupid one. For a second there, I hoped that I would never ever met Calum again and with that thought alone, made me cry like mad cause I won't be the happiest I can be. Sounds pathetic, but with him, I can't help but to feel like an 18 year old girl. 

Plus, Calum Hood is a diamond in the rough. He bought this beautiful house and with hope that we could be a happy family with Tommy, and that is what I want more in the world, be happy with my family. I couldn't help but to overflow with love towards him at the first half an hour, and the next half an hour,  I feel annoyance and hatred on how childish and rush to judgement he can be and now, drinking a cup of tea while thinking about this whole fiasco, I feel love and hate being mushed together. That might be the perfect description, cause I have no other way to describe it and I don't know the significance of this mumbo jumbo of a feeling. 

"Mummy, daddy's calling", Tommy appear beside me with my phone in his hand, I look at his picture appear on my phone and I feel like I want to kiss and slap the good looking motherfucker. "Answer it then, baby. Daddy must want to talk to you", I smile at my beautiful baby. 

"Okay", he answered the call and he looks at me, "I'm good daddy, are you coming over later? I wanted to show you something I drew at school but you weren't in mummy's bedroom this morning. You went to work early, daddy?"

He listens religiously to what daddy has to say, "Oh, okay. But are you coming over later?". He looks at me with a furrowed eyebrow, "you don't want daddy to come over, mummy?"

I can't believe this man, he dare drags Tommy into this. If this is his way for him to get to talk to me after ignoring his calls and texts for the whole night, it certainly worked. I motion Tommy to hand me the phone and as he did, I got up from my seat and turn to the window. 

"Bold move, Hood. You know that you don't have to drag our son into our boyfriend-girlfriend problem", I told him. 

"I had to do it, you wouldn't talk to me and fuck, I'm glad we are still boyfriend-girlfriend", I raised my eyebrows in confusion, "what are you talking about?"

"I thought you dumped me yesterday", then I remembered that I used his dumping-line on him, felt kind of good for a second but I meant what I said, maybe he deserve better, someone that has a different mind-set altogether.