10; Calls & Meetings

Calum's POV

I'm just chilling on my bed, scrolling twitter and instagram. I do look at these fan accounts and read their tweets and updates, they are just so cute and supportive and I'm grateful to them. They brought us here, they are the inspiration for me to be a better musician and artist. I appreciate 5SOS Fam, can't believe that we have fandom but yeah, we do. I am feeling so much love for my fans now, I'm going to tweet to them. 

Thinking of 5SOS Fam right now, just want to say thank you for all your support. You guys are the best, much love! 

Seconds later, my notifications are full of replies and retweets. I was about to read through them, but then Shay's name appear on my screen. She's calling me? Never thought that she would call this fast, okay okay calm down Calum. I stand up and runs my fingers through my hair and keep on messing it up. I'm extremely nervous now, should I sound professional? Casual? "Damn!", I shouted and suddenly Ashton pops at the side of my bedroom door.

"Dude......", he made his mouth in an o shape

"It's her man!", I whisper-shout and now Ashton's mouth is wide open. "Answer, man!"

I'm so nervous right now cause I'm actually gonna talk to her, our first encounter was not really a conversation and this is. I slide to answer and put the phone on my ear.

"Shay?"

Er, hi Calum. 

Listening to her voice brings such soothing to my soul, I almost forgot how her voice was like and now I feel glad just to hear it again. 

"Hey. Finally you picked up my call", my palms are literally sweating and I motion Ashton to give me some privacy and he put his thumbs up in understanding and walk away. 

Yeah, what's up with that? 

She sounds upset, excuse me but I think I'm the one who's supposed to be upset. "You know exactly why. I need you to tell me the truth"

Can you handle the truth, Calum? 

Is she trying to be cynical? Classic Shay. "I want to take responsibilty for what's mine, Shay. Is Tommy my son?"

She didn't answer, only silence. I'm not gonna let her take control of this situation. "Answer me,Shay!"

Yes, he's yours. 

I know most guys wouldn't like this situation and hang up the phone now but I feel this happiness inside of me that I haven't felt for a long time. I smile so wide and covered my mouth from laughing because I can't contain the excitement. Then I need to ask her one question that I've been wondering since the day on the beach. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Cause we broke up, Cal. You broke up with me, remember? You didn't want to be in my life anymore. So yeah, I read between the lines and keep myself out of your life. 

I furrowed my eyebrows thinking that is irrelevant. "You can't just simply decide that I can't be a part of my son's life! You're the mum, yeah but I'm the father! The only person that can shut me out from his life is him, himself".

Are you giving me parenting lessons? I have been with him since he came out of me, Calum! I feed him, I didn't sleep because of his crying and I raised him, I left college because of him. What have you done?

"I could've helped you if you just told me, Shay! I didn't know you were pregnant, if I knew, things would be so much different"

Like what? You were just getting your music career starting! You think you could have all this fame if Tommy was around? Are you gonna travel the world with Tommy in your hand? Would you actually hold him, Cal? He's still going to be with me, stuck with me so might as well!  Rather than giving my son a scarred childhood not getting his father's full attention, it's better that he doesn't know you exist!