17; Boys Night Out

Calum's POV

I look at Tommy watching cartoons religiously and call him out to have dinner. 

"Thomas, dinner time", I say in a very sophisticated manner. He instantly jumps from the couch and run to the table. 

"What are we eating tonight?", he asks me.

"Italian, buddy", I sit on the chair opposite of his. 

He looks down on his plate and looks back up at me, "Italian?"

"Yeah, what's wrong buddy? Don't you like pasta?", I suddenly feel concerned. 

"It's Italian pasta?!", he freaks out with his mouth wide open.

"Don't mummy always cook pasta for you?", I asks.

"Yeah, but not Italian!", okay now I'm confused. "Buddy, what are you talking about?"

"I learned in school we live in America and the people are called American. The people who live in Canada are called Canadian and in Italy are called Italian! So are we eating people from Italy,Calum? Is that even allowed?"

I laugh so hard while taking a spoon of the pasta, man he cracks me up. But he is still not eating and in a state of shock. "You're eating the Italian pasta! Are you eating people?!"

I extend my hand across the table and touch both of his arms, "Tommy Tommy, calm down", but I'm still laughing so hard cause this is just priceless.

"This is not funny, Calum!"

"Tommy, listen to me", I finally got him to lock his vision on me.

"Not only people that comes from Italy are called Italian, even the stuffs that come from Italy is also called Italian. For instance, food. The people from Italy invented pasta so it's Italian pasta. You get it?", I explain to him as slowly as I can, just how I explain stuffs to Luke. 

Then he let out a deep sigh, "phew! That's a relief! I don't want to eat people, it's like I'm eating myself",he quickly scoop the pasta and feed it into his mouth. 

I put my hands on my temples, thinking how smart is this boy. I know that he missed out a few things on the Italian concept but to know that he remembers what he learns in school is really impressive. He really is Shay's child, a smartypants by gene. Thank God he has my looks, so he'll be one smoking hot smartypants. 

"Calum", he calls me out while munching the pasta in his mouth.

"Yeah, buddy", I scoop another spoon and feed it into my mouth. 

"Y'know..my friend...Leo", he's talking with his mouth full but I still can understand him and I respond to him with pasta in my mouth too. 

"Wasn't it..Lionel or something?"

He shakes his head, "no, that's my...other..friend"

I nod my head, "okay..what's with..Leo?"

I can see his cheeks full of food and the way he tries to munch it all at the same time, while talking, that's my gene right there.

"He's having...a birthday party.. this weekend"

"That sounds..great", I respond. Then as he swallows a chunk of food down his throat, I can hear him clearly.

"But it's not like any other party, he says that we go to his house on Saturday and we sleep at his house for the whole night and go back home on Sunday"

I nod in understanding of his story about Leo here, "so, it's like a sleepover?"

"Yeah! How do you know that!", he looks surprised that I know about sleepover?