18; Sleepy Confessions

Shay's POV

As Professor Green explains about the book that we were assigned to read, I just had to get something out of my chest. There's something off about the matter he's talking about. I raise my hand, and I can feel all eyes are on me. I feel abit nervous about raising my hand cause I used to do it in high school and I don't care because my classmates did not even know what I was talking about, but here, in university, it's a different set of crowd. They pay attention to what you're gonna say and if you say the wrong thing, you will get humiliated. But I just have an opinion, is that so bad?

"Yes, Ms.Dallas", Prof.Green points at my direction. 

I turn my cap backwards, it makes me less nervous to say what's on my mind. "I have an opinion about your view on the protagonist", I say loudly so that he can hear me from down there on the podium. 

Prof.Green has his arms crossed, "you do?". Everyone in the class turn their body to see me and even Will turn his body to the side, looking intriguied on what am I going to say. 

I nervously stutter, "if y-you don't-t mind, t-that is". 

Prof.Green step down fron the podium and climb a few stairs and stand right there, "no, go ahead". 

I awkwardly stand up, "do I have to stand up for this?", but then Prof.Green shakes his head and motioned me to sit down so I sit my ass down.

I take a deep breath, "So, you see Mrs.Jones is a housewife in the 60's. Living in a suburban community and does nothing but manage the house and getting along with the other housewives. You say that she has nothing better to do, because that is what people do in the olden days. But, I think that she wants to do something else. I think that she wants to drive around in her car and let wind blow through her hair. Maybe she wants to play the piano and sing in a jazz club, but she's perceived on how an American housewife should react. We learn from examples, and she saw that the wives in the neighborhood does the cleaning and walking the dog and even picking up the kids from school. I'm not saying that you are wrong, Prof. It is true that is what people do in the olden' days, merely because that is how the society was and not because of who they are".

All eyes are still on me, guessing they're still waiting whether I have more to say. I awkardly purse my lips, "that's all".

Prof.Green raises his eyebrow and smirks a little, "Ms.Dallas"

Shit I made a fool out of myself, I should just stay quiet and hear his lecture like everybody does. Why can't I do that? I'm covering my face with my notebook.

"I gotta say, you have a point there". 

I put down the notebook slowly, "I do?"

"Yes, women then and women now are different. It's simply because they lack of proper education like you guys here sitting in this lecture hall. And you have an example of that right up there, Ms.Dallas. Speak your mind, all of us are here for learning experience. Including me", he steps down the stairs and walks back to the podium and start lecturing about the topic some more. 

"That was impressive", I hear Will whisper beside me. 

"Thanks, but it was nothing", I whisper back. 

"No, I'm truly impressed cause back in the UK, they ask questions at the end of the class. Not during. Maybe that's just the American way", he gives me a lopsided smile and hell, that smile is sexy. I try to hide the blush in my cheeks with a wide smile and a fact for him.

"I'm Australian, by the way", as soon he heard that, his jaw drop and his eyes looks at me sharply. 

"Australian? You bloody serious?", now his accent is so thick that I just want to hear more of it. But I also want to listen what the lecture is all about so, I put my finger on my mouth, asking him to keep his sexy voice down.