36; Taco Night

Shay's POV

I look at Luke who is sitting right in front of me, eating his taco and talking at the same time. I always look at him as a younger brother even though he is basically the same age as Calum and I. Since back in Sydney, he has always been this cheeky loud immature boy who I feel nothing but lots of love for. As if right now, looking at him talking gibberish with lettuce coming out of his taco and mouth, I can honestly say that no matter what happens, I definitely want these boys to be a part of my life.

"Luke, honey. I don't understand a work you're saying. Swallow the taco first for goodness sakes", I giggled and grab a bite of my jumbo taco. He swallows the taco and I can see his Adam's apple bobbles and he looks at me with those piercing blue eyes.

"Where were you tonight?"

I swallowed and answered in an emotion-less tone, "I was on a date".

"You were on date and now you're eating two jumbo tacos? Okay, it's either your date didn't bring you to a good restaurant, or your date didn't go well or Shay, you have one massive appetite", he said and I chuckled a little. The idea of my date not going well made me to hold back the tears from falling, I took another bite of the tacos. Luke hold my hand and sounds concerned, "it didn't go so well, did it?"

I look up to him and struggling to keep a straight face, "what? What the hell you're talking about? Maybe I feel like having tacos after a fancy dinner, you have a problem with it, Luke?"

He gives me a lopsided smile, "Shay, don't underestimate me. I may not know you like Calum does, but we were as close. You won't go anywhere without a book and you love talking about stories, and the irony of that is, you never believed them. You think happy endings aren't logical and there's always a catch",I look at him, feeling amazed cause how can he know me that well?

"Plus, you're huge ass nerd! No one reads the textbook before school starts!", he continues and I genuinely laughed.

"I never knew that you noticed that you actually listened to the junk I said about books", I pointed out.

"Shay, I don't think you ever talked about anything else", he chuckles as he continues, "until now I still wonder how a punk ass bassist can fall head over heels over a huge ass nerd".

"You and I both, Luke. You and I both. But don't you worry about that anymore, he already comes back to his senses and has himself a young and sexy model as arm candy", I told him. "Arm candy is what she'll always be", Luke said. I tap his shoulder, "come on, don't say that. They are friends with benefits cause they enjoy each other's company, and sooner or later, they'll realize that they enjoy something more than sex".

Luke looks at me with curiosity in his eyes, "so what about you and Sir Will Pratt, enjoying each other's company lately?"

I was about to answer with a lie, he holds up his forefinger saying, "and don't lie to me Shay, or i'll order another taco just to throw at your face".

I sigh deeply, "fine fine, my date was a disaster before it even started", I told him and trying to avoid eye contact cause I feel embarrassed. It sounds pathetic yeah, and I know that he's at fault but can't help to feel pity towards myself.