08; First Step

Calum's POV

I have been calling her for days now and she didn't even call me back. I can guess that she must be really mad at me but can she see that I'm trying to talk to her about it and make things better? No, I don't expect to be in a relationship with her but I just need to know about Tommy, because if he is really mine then I have to be his father. I may be a douche at times, but I'm not gonna abandon my kid! But how am I supposed to be Tommy's dad if Shay is not picking up her phone! Ugh, this is just plain her! Acting all tough and smart, pushing people away cause she's just too good for everyone! I want to tell someone, but Luke is not talking to me, Micheal doesn't even want to be in the same room as I am, then there's Ashton. I always get mad at him because of his silly antiques like singing out of tune, making keek videos every single day about every single thing and even dance when there's no music on. I am jealous of that happy attitude of his, I was like that but then all the stress just got the best of me. He's the oldest out of all of us so yeah, he might be acting like a 5 year old but he's the one to go to for advices. I stopped from writing the lyrics of our new song and walk into the studio's pantry, finding Ashton raiding the fridge. Obviously.

"Er, Ash?"

"Yeah?", he said without even looking at me. Don't tell me he's in it like Luke and Micheal.

"Can I talk to you, man?", my hands just can't help but to mess up my hair.

Ashton took a yogurt from the fridge, close the door and lay his back on it."Sure, what's up buddy?"

"Okay, but first thing's first. Do you hate me, man?", I need a friend, not someone that doesn't want to be my friend. I need to trust someone about this.

Ashton feed his mouth a spoon of yogurt, "Cal, I don't hate you. I just hate your guts sometimes. You can be a pain in the ass you know".

"I know, you made it perfectly clear", I can't help but to agree. 

"So, what's up?", he asked me.

I look outside the pantry to make sure no one is there, and stand closer to Ashton, "you can't tell anybody about this, until I'm sure. Got it?"

"Yeah, sure", he said non-chalantly while feeding another spoon to his mouth.

I take a deep breath, "I think I might have a son"

Ashton blurted the yogurt out of his mouth and it landed all over my shirt and the floor. I close my eyes in reflex and opened it slowly. "Dude....", I told him.

"Dude! What?! You have a son?!", he shouted and I straight away cover his mouth that is full of yogurt then I pull it away with disgust. 

"With who, man? Freya from Rome? Is it that Tokyo girl, Ren? Oh oh! That german babe, Helda?!", he suggested the few of my flings around the world. 

I wipe my hands on my trousers, "no, man"

"Then who??", he asked curiously and I noticed he still has that cup of yogurt in his hand so I motion him to put that yogurt on the counter. 

"Shay"

Ashton hit the counter hard and the yogurt got spill all over, "the fuck, man?! Stop with the yogurt action!", I got a bit mad. Well, Ashton is being such an over-dramatic queen!

"Sorry, man. I'm just shocked and I didn't want to scream so my hand did the screaming", he rub his hand with the other, the counter was made out of wood so imagine the pain.

"Quit it man, I'm opening up here. Don't test my temper", I honestly spit that out, sounding like a jackass when I'm the jackass. 

Ashton just chuckle, "dude, don't entertain that temper. Calm your tits, will you? But I'm glad that you're opening up to me. I miss this man", he said while hugging me by the shoulder.