14; Beach

Calum's POV

I love having phone calls with Tommy. It's like you're talking to your younger self, plus he's an amazing kid. He told me he likes dragons cause Shay always brought him books about princess and knights, but he's more interested with the dragons. He also told me about his best friend, Lionel. Lionel and him always play tag at school, and he doesn't like being IT cause Lionel is so good at hiding and he can't find him sometimes. I even tell him that I'm in a band and he asked me, what's a band?

Can you believe that? He asked me what's a band? I chuckle at his question cause Shay would not talk to him about music cause she sings Carrie Underwood everywhere and all the time. 

"A band is where your friends come together and make music together"

"I don't understand"

I pat my forehead and thinking what did Shay teach him? Books, Carrie Underwood and books? My boy needs to know music, he needs to know that music can heal your pain and bring great happiness. It can also be a release from stress and takes you to a whole new world and just make you feel..good. 

"It's alright, buddy. I'll bring you to meet the band one day, okay?", I told him. 

In the corner of my eye, I see Luke smirk evil-ly in my direction. I mouthed, what do you want?

He slowly walks up to me and put on a devilish smile, "who are you talking to?"

"no one", I said.

"Uh-huh", Luke said sarcastically and lean down to get a clear hearing of who it is the other line.

"Get the fuck off!", I shouted and then I can hear Tommy gasp.

"You said the forbidden word!", shit.

I can see Luke eyes and mouth widened, "it's baby Calum! I want to talk to him!"

"Oh, shit sorry Tommy, I shouldn't say it", but then he gasped again. 

"You said the other forbidden word! Why are you so mad, Calum?"

Suddenly Luke tried to take the phone away from me, "come on, Cal! I'm you best pal!"

"Luke, stop!", I pushed him then Ashton walks in, gosh! 

"What's happening in this bachelor pad?", he asks while adjusting a bandana on his head.

"Luke, dont-"

"He's talking to Tommy!", I just can't stop my best friends from being such blabber mouths. 

"Uncle Ashton wants to talk to little Tommy!", he shouted and I can hear Tommy worrying at the other line. 

Now, Ashton is on top of Luke and he is on top of me, so both of them are on top of me and my patience level is just at the tip.I could scream like any second now but then I hear my son calling me out.

"Calum?"

Suddenly, I don't have the feeling to scream, as if my fire of anger just got put out. But I still want privacy with my son, so I turn my head back to look at Luke and Ashton, "guys, give us a minute will you? Please?"

Ashton smile and nod in understanding, "come on, Luke. The guy wants to bond with his child"

But Luke being Luke, "I want to bond with the child too, he's practically my nephew?"

"Luke..", Ashton got up and look at Luke sharply.

He raised his hand in surrender, "okay okay, I'm out I'm out". Then Ashton put his hand over Luke's shoulder and walk out of my room.