26; Study date

Shay's POV

"So, nothing is more important about this character than his pride. His pride is his sole purpose in life, is that it?", I ask Will as we are studying.

"Yeah, but it could be that he's fear of being inferior is the reason that he needs to shield his pride", I write down his words on my notebook and nodding understandingly. Then I look up at him and admire his sweet face, he has been such a sweetheart to me. I extend my hand and touch his cheek, rubbing it softly with my fingers. He looks up at me and smile, "you hungry?" he asks.

"Yeah, sort of. So shall we take a break?", I stand up and put aside my books and notes to make space for the chinese takeout he bought. He grabs a box of noodles and hand it to me, "thanks again for dinner, Will". 

"No problem, Shay. It's a pleasure", he said and as I put the food in my mouth, he continues, "next time, I'll cook for you", he winks at me. I almost threw up the food in my mouth, "you cook?"

"Sometimes. I live alone, my daughter, Ellie only comes in alternate weekends so I have to feed myself and I can't just eat pizza all the time", pizza made me think of Calum. I bet he eats pizza all the freaking time, "don't you eat out?", I ask him. 

"I do, but I take away the food cause I rather eat alone in the comfort of my own home", he explains. 

"So, when you feel a bit stingy you cook your own food?", I tease him and he laugh at my attempt of teasing, "yes, when I don't want to buy my own dinner, I cook". 

Will is a nice company to have, we could talk about current stuffs and not about the past and it doesn't have to be all about feelings. Old feelings especially, which is always the topic between Calum and I. "So, how is work?", I ask about his position as a partner of a consultation agency. 

"Work is going good, more clients are coming in to look at projects. It's going to be a good year, how bout you?"

"My work in Borders? Same ol, same ol. Nothing exciting happens in there except when I get to buy new books for myself and Tommy, cause I get to use the employee's discount", I grin cause I love the smell of new books and the excitement of knowing what's the story inside cause you know, don't judge the books by it's cover. 

"I was wondering, what are you going to do when you have degree in Literature? You're gonna pursue writing?", he asks me and I shake my head, "oh no, I'm not good at writing, that's Calum's expertise. I'm more of a reading kind of a gal". Then I realised that I mention the guy that I want to avoid of thinking. It might've triggered cause the only person that mention about pursuing writing to me was Calum, no one actually help me to peel my potential and passion except him. 

"Calum?", he raises his eyebrow in suspiscion. I should just give a brief explanation, I do not want to bore him with my sad love story. "He's Tommy's father", I answer bluntly and hope he does not know who Calum Hood is. 

"Oh, okay. He's a writer?", he's asking more questions and I'm continue answering it as short as possible. "He's a musician". 

"Oh, what kind of music?", another question and I'm going to stop him right there, "er, pop rock, I guess? So, to answer your question. I don't quite know, I haven't thought that far. How about you? Are you going to pursue literature in any certain way?", I ask him back and he just laughs. 

"Oh God no, it's just a hobby. I mean literature is fun to learn, but as a career, I don't think it's income worthy", I am quite surprised at his statement about literature. Yes, I know literature is not a profession that could become a career but it's art. I turn the cap on my head backwards, "the way you're saying that, it's like telling a fine art student that what he's studying is going to lead him to being homeless? Is that how you feel about it?"