11; Introducing..

Shay's POV

Listening to his voice last night brings me back to the times I sit with him on the bench at Sydney. Can't believe that our passes are crossed here, in LA. We would talk about how flamingo can also signifies a ballerina cause it's pink and it stands on one leg, ironic right? I am also surprised on how Calum wants to be in Tommy's life. I never thought that he would want to meet Tommy, I'm so caught up in the stereotypical image where rockstars do not want anything to do with their kids because they do not want to leave their rockstar life partying all the time. I underestimated him, I gotta admit that. I'm actually kind of impressed that he understood why I don't let him tell Tommy that he is his dad, I just don't want to confuse the poor child. I don't want that when things don't work out, he would think that his daddy doesn't love him. 

Tommy sees me gathering books and put it into my duffel bag, "mummy, why is your school is at night and not in the day?"

"Because mummy works in the day so the only time I can go to school is at night", I answered his question and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"If you go to school at night, when do you sleep?", he asked again . I checked the pens in my pencil case and make sure all has ink in it. "I'll sleep the moment I reach home, baby". 

Then the doorbell rings, it must be Ruby. I walk to the door and open it, "hello, Ruby. Come on in".

Ruby steps in and gives me a quick hug, "thanks again for doing this, you cancelled any dates tonight?", I ask her worrying that I put a hold on her finding her prince charming. 

"Nah, the only date I have tonight is Grey's Anatomy", she said with a laugh and I motion her to the couch. "Go on, Tommy will watch whatever you watch. Tommy! Come up front, baby". 

I look Tommy walking to the living area in his dragon pyjamas, my son is so freaking adorable. "Tommy, Ruby will babysit you tonight while I'm in school so listen to everything she says and behave alright?"

Tommy furrowed his eyebrows and cross his arms, "can she read?"

Ruby and I look at each other and I can't help to chuckle at his question, "yes, she can read. You want her to read you bedtime stories?"

Tommy uncross him arms, "no, I want mummy to read for me". I hear Ruby sigh of relief. 

"You're not a fan od bedtime stories, Ruby?", I asked her sarcastically. 

"No, I'm more of a tv kind of person. You like tv, Tommy", she look at Tommy's direction. 

"Depends", he sits beside Ruby on the couch. 

"Okay, Ruby. He has to be in bed by 9.30, and he has his dinner already but if he's hungry, make him a sandwhich and warm milk. Before bed, he has to go to the bathroom, if not he'll wet the bed. Call me if there's anything, simply anything!", I grab my duffel bag and walk to the door.

"Alright, noted boss!", I give her a thumbs up and exit the apartment, then I walk back in cause I forgot my cap. "Forgot my cap", I state and look at the both of them watch Grey's Anatomy and said one last thing before I go, "Ruby".

She turns her head, "yeah".

"Cover his eyes when they..you know", I look at her sharply.

"Relax, Shay. Go on, you're gonna be late", I look at my watch and slap the door behind me and run towards my car and drive off to UCLA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I park my car, I feel butterflies in my stomach cause I have been wanting to do this for a long time. My dream is still possible to be a major in Literature, and then I remembered how I chose Literature in the first place. How can one summer can affect your whole life? Then my phone rings, it's Calum. Speak of the devil.