03; Her

Shay's POV

All I can say about the summer I had was intense, good and bad. After the innocent dinner date we had, things went uphill pretty fast even though we wanted to take things slow. He was surprised that I didn't wear a cap to dinner that day, I mean, we were basically on a date and I'm still a girl right? I just put on a long plain casual dress with a denim jacket over it and even I know putting a cap to that look would be a disaster. That's the thing about boys, when they think a girl is dressed down most of the time, it doesn't mean we dress like that all the time. Once a while, I like to look pretty too and surprise those boys that I can pull that look too! But Calum was not like those boys, he did not drop his jaw and tell me I look beautiful, instead he asked whether I forgot my cap. He's an idiot to ask that, and I'm an idiot to actually fall for him a bit more at that moment cause he noticed how attached I am with my caps. 

I get to know him a lot more better that night, like his middle name is Thomas, she has a sister named Mali Koa and he loves her sister so much till he has a tattoo of her sister's name on her arm. I find that kind of extreme cause I'm an only child so sibling love is kinda foreign to me, the only person I'm really close to is Rachel, my cousin. She has always been there when I need to talk or rant or even cry. I have the greatest time with her, we can even go through hours just lay down and watch movies and still have a great time. He even told me about his band mates, I only knew Luke cause both of them are inseparable. Whenever I see Calum at school, Luke has always been beside him. The other guys, Micheal and Ashton, I did not know them much? Micheal sounds so familiar but I just couldn't lay my finger on it and Ashton, total stranger. He told about the stupid things they do and how much fun they have with each other, I really like the story where Ashton got so furious because of him putting cookies on his mashed potatoes, Ashton even chased him all over and he even added more cookies to it just to spite him. That would be my personal favourite, hands down.

But then when he asked about my friends other than Rachel, I was embarassed because I have none. I mean, I know my classmates like Kirsty, Dave and even Benny! But I don't actually talk to them after school, I have always been enjoy my own company rather than others. I was so scared that I seem so unlikeable to him, but at the same time I feel proud cause I'm not dependant to anyone to show me a good time. He hold my hand across the table and has his eyes straight on me, but one thing for sure is spending time with Calum has been golden. 

"Maybe they just don't get you, a rare person like you is always hard to understand. You're not part of the crowd, you are your own crowd and I get that. Sometimes I have the greatest party by my own in my room, rather than at an actual party", he chuckled. 

The way he said it is like I can't be friends with anyone cause I'm hard to understand, am I that too hard to understand? I wanted to turn my cap backwards then I realized that I'm not wearing any, so I ended up putting my hands on my head. 

He squinted his eyes to laugh and God, he is so handsome when he does that. Not cute or hot or sexy, the perfect word for it is handsome and I'm a fool for having my hands on top on my head.

"You wanted to turn your cap, right? You have an opinion about something, Dallas?", he asked and I did, how did he know that? 

"Yeah, I do. I want to say that the way you said I'm rare is like I can't be liked by people, is that what you mean?"

He hold my hand tighter, "no! But yes, but no, not the way how you're thinking". I'm mad but I can't be mad at him, so I asked him nicely, "you care to explain?"

He put his head down and raise it back to my eye level, "Shay, I'm not saying that you are unlikeable. Who is likeable anyways? A person can't be liked by everyone, there's always a dozen who hates his guts and a person can't be unliked by everyone, there's always gonna be a dozen or even more who likes him. So yeah, some people in school hate your guts cause you have a say in everything and being all smart but someone like me, actually like you for who you are. I actually like talking to you, so would you rather have everyone like you cause you kept your mouth shut or have those few people who really listens to what you say and actually care?".

Shit, this guy was smooth and I can't help but smile.

"I like you too, Hood", and he grins again. I gotta keep my feelings in check, cause it was only the first date but things took a turn when he dropped me home.

We said our goodbyes and goodnights, I lean in to kiss on his cheek cause I had a great time but then he turn his head for his lips to meet mine. It was electricity,our lips move in sync and it was passionate instantly. I put my hands around his neck and he had his hands around my waist pulling me into him. I have kissed guys before, like 4 times but this tops all. He was a great kisser, obviously because he had all the practice with his groupies but I was happy that he kissed me that night and the night after, even the following week between breaks during band practice at his garage. I do not know what kind of power he held over me, but whenever I'm with him, he brings out the fun side in me. Sometimes I never realize that I can be that fun, like play tag at the beach. I mean, who fucking does that except 5-year olds? 

I loosened up that summer, and I was the happiest girl in the world. Every romance novel I read, I think of him as the hero and myself as the heroin and I will get all blushed up just reading it. It's funny and embarrassing but I love that feeling, I love that every time I see him, I jump onto him and give him a kiss. I love the way he plays his guitar and sing to me his demos and laughs everytime the lyrics doesn't rhyme and he's always fix those right up. He had me singing with his band which was horrific cause I'm tone deaf, and I even had sex with him and it was the type of sex that he makes you feel beautiful before and after. And after seeing his naked body with tattoos, I decided to do the most outrageous thing that I would never thought of doing, getting a fucking tattoo! He asked me so many times whether I'm sure of doing this, and I was sure. It was my first time so I'm just gonna get something small, something that represents me. After thinking, I decided to have a tattoo of an open book on my right wrist. Calum didn't leave my side when the artist was drilling my skin with permanent colour and he loved the outcome, "it really suits you", he said. 

To make the it short, I fell in love with Calum Hood that summer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: gosh, you guys got to tell me how I do. I have all feels when I wrote this, hbu?