44; Surprises

Calum's POV

I have one hand on the steering wheel of my Porsche, and the other hand intertwining with my other half's. It's literally like a dream, being with her right now. I mean, actually being with her, it's not a vision I can't reach anymore. She's right here, holding my hand and sitting in my car, and loving me. I'm super excited to show her the surprise that I've been planning for quite awhile and I pray to God that she'll love it as much as I do. I'm not the Calum Hood I was a year ago, or even six years ago. I'm a brand new man, and life has returned my one and only and give me an another one to fulfill my life. I'm not gonna take them for granted, I'm gonna give them the best cause they deserve nothing less.

"Okay, we're almost there and I sorta forgot to blindfold you so you have to close your eyes", I told her and she giggles at my lack of planning.

"Seriously? You want me to close my eyes? You're not good with surprises aren't you?", she teases me and I pull her hand and kiss it softly. "The only surprise I ever give, is how good looking I am and how sexy I am on stage baby. Other than that, not so much", she coughs not believing what she just heard. Hey, that's the truth! If you have seen my baby pictures, you would be fucking surprise how good I look now! I saw girls begged on their knees in front of the stage during concerts, I'm no joke.

"You are so full of yourself, Cal! And you want to know what the weird thing is? I am not tempted to even punch your face for being so vain!", she said and I quickly respond, "cause I'm not lying, or saying shit. It's true, I'm just saying the pure truth". She laughs and throw her head back, "That is true, but I'm not one of your fans, rockstar. The only surprise I've experienced from you was how in earth you fall for me, and I'm still surprised", she explains.

I smile, feeling the blushing sensation in my cheeks. "Love works in mysterious ways, they say".

"Tell me about it, that's one big hell of a surprise", she said and I'm about to take a turn. "Close you eyes, dammit!", I hustled her and she put both her hand over her eyes.

"Don't peek, Shay. I'm trying to nail a surprise here, so cooperate", I tell her and she giggles a melodic laugh. "Yeah yeah, I don't want to ruin your surprise".

I park at the driveway and switch off the engine, I step out of the car and walk over to the passenger side, opening the door and grab her arm. "Alright, we're here", and her hands are slowly uncovering her eyes and I quickly cover her eyes while standing behind her, "not yet, you curious cat!"

"But you said we're here!", she shouted and I respond, "but I never said that you could open your eyes, stupid".

I close the car door with my leg and instruct her to walk forward, and there's little steps ahead, so I warn her, "there's steps, careful".

"Where?", she asks and it seems difficult to lead her while standing behind her, "okay, don't open you eyes yet! I'm gonna hold your hand and lead you, and don't open your eyes till I say so, got it?".

"It's not rocket science, genius", I kissed her cheek and let go of my hand and grab her hand, looking at her smiling with her eyes closed is just super cute. I pull out my phone and take her picture and she heard the shutter sound. "Did you take my picture?", she sounds upset but why the fuck do I care?