16; Emergency call

Calum's POV

"So how was beach with the family?", Ashton asks while resting his bottom on the couch in the studio. I am busy writing some tunes on the bass, I've been feeling good these days and my writing juice just keeps on flowing and I actually feel happy to write. I don't feel stressed like I used to. 

"Good. Great even! I've never felt this happy before, dude", I slit the pencil on my ear and looks up to Ashton. 

He stares at my face for a few seconds and chuckle to himself, "what, man?", I asked him. 

"You do look happy,man. You have not been angry these past few days, you've been smiling and laughing. I'm happy for you, man. Never thought the remedy for your anger problems was Shay", he pats my back. 

I was taken aback, "Shay? No, Ashton. It's Tommy, my son. He makes me so happy, not Shay". 

"Dude, there'll be no Tommy without Shay", he said while moving his ass from the couch to his drum stool. 

"Yeah, but Shay and I are just friends. We're not getting back together or anything", I try to make myself clear about it to Ashton, at the same time I'm convincing myself that Shay and I are not getting back together. 

"Oh, really? I thought you guys were cause you know, you guys are Tommy's parents", Ashton said.

"Yeah, we are but we're gonna keep things casual between us. There are a lot of parents who are not together but they raise a child together. It's what Shay wants", I told him.

"Shay wants? This is what Shay wants?", he asks me back as if he wasn't listening to what I just said. 

I nod my head, "yes, this is what she wants". 

"Calum", he calls me out and I look at him waiting for him to say something, "what do you want?"

"What do you mean,man?", I know what he meant but I'm gonna dodge this question and focus on writing this song. 

"Dude, come on. Are you telling me that you have no more feelings for Shay?", He leans his body forward to show his enthusiasm on my feelings apprarently. 

"He's the mother of my child, of course I care for her Ashton", I write some lyrics on the paper without looking at his face. 

"You know what I mean, dude. Stop tiptoeing around", he chuckles. 

I do not want to admit it cause It's never going to work, I loved her and I'm not gonna develop those feelings again cause it's gonna get me nowhere. I lift up my head and saw Micheal walking in and heading to the pantry, I'm gonna go talk to him instead. I stood up, and put my bass down on the couch. "Dude, where you're going?", Ashton calls me out. 

"I'm gonna go talk to Micheal", I mess up my hair cause I do not know how I'm gonna talk to him. 

"Oh, alright, I get it. You're gonna avoid me, and talk to Micheal", I can hear him talking to himself but I just walk out of the studio and enter the pantry. I can see Micheal grabbing an apple from the fridge. 

"Hey, Mikey", I call him out.

He turns his head back and nod his head, "oh, hey". 

Shit, what am I going to say.I do not want to say something wrong and start another fight. I want to leave that persona behind, I do not want the tabloids writing that I'm breaking this band up and bring shame to this band when all of us has work so hard to get where we are now. 

"I just wanna apologize for everything, man", I lay my back on the wall and he lays back on the opposite wall. 

"Calum, save it. I already forgive you but I don't think I can stand with your bullshit attitude any longer", he said to me and wanting to walk away from the pantry but I hold my hand across the entrance and block his way.