85. Bye bye single life

Comenzar desde el principio

Zadhea ignored him and sat on the ground as she hid her face in her hands, continuing to cry silently. "I-I'm afraid of ghosts," she stuttered. "I really am."

"What?" Heidith realized his mistake. "Gosh, I'm sorry!" He sat next to her and patted her back. "Don't cry. You look ugly when you cry."

She tried to push him aside. "Go away!"

Instead of leaving her, he pulled Zadhea into his arms. "I won't. Or else, the ghost will haunt my poor future wifey."

"Who's your future wife?" She asked angrily but didn't try to push him away anymore.

Zadhea was exhausted the whole day. Thus, soon after, she fell asleep in his embrace.

Heidith sighed and tightened his grip around her, afraid of her catching a cold. He didn't forget to put his coat on her.

"Brother..." he heard a child speaking. The next second, a small kid around seven or eight years old, appeared in front of him.

His face and body were super pale. His clothes were dirty and his eyes lost spark. He didn't have legs. He was simply floating in the air.

"Brother."

"Who are you?" Heidith lifted his head to look at him. "Are you that little ghost boy?"

"I'm not a ghost." The boy pouted his lips angrily. "I'm duke Seraimon's only son."

"What are you doing here, little sir?" Heidith asked kindly. "It's late. Go home."

"I can't." The ghost boy shook his head. "I want to play."

"Don't you feel lonely to play all by yourself?" Heidith asked honestly. "Trust me, it's better to go home instead."

"No, they will come to play with me," the boy said confidently. "I'm waiting for them to come. My father promised to build a children's park. I'm waiting for that day."

"Where's your father?"

The boy hesitated. "I... I don't know."

"Okay. Hear me out now, little Seraimon. Since your father failed to build a children's park, I promise to do it in his stead. But on one condition."

The boy's eyes, which lacked sparkles, lit up instantly. "What is it?"

"You shouldn't go around scaring people. I know you want to be friends with them. But please be patient for the time being. The day I build a children's park, will be the day you're gonna meet lots of friends. Isn't it wonderful? Be patient till that day, okay?" He looked at the boy with a serious face.

"You promise me?" the boy looked at him with teary eyes.

"Yes," Heidith nodded firmly. "But as you can see, I'm not that powerful yet. I hope you can wait."

"I can, I can," the ghost boy nodded continuously like a rattle.

Heidith smiled. "Good boy!"

After the ghost boy disappeared, Heidith picked up the sleeping beauty as he returned to the academy and headed towards the girls' dormitory with a slightly throbbing heart. He was a bit nervous because it was his first time being there.

Fortunately, he knew where Evelyn's room was, and he could easily find it. It was because they were friends. But they kept it as a secret from Zadhea and everyone else because of a reason.

Evelyn rubbed her eyes, opening the door, mumbling, "Who's interrupting my slee..." Her question paused when she saw Heidith carrying her bestie in his arms. Evelyn's sleepiness faded away as she panicked. "What happened to her?" She almost yelled.