Devoid

Lumine

It's been months since I last spoke to Venti and during those months I was separated from him, I took the opportunity to push onward on my journey.

Despite the hurt that I felt, I knew for a fact that I couldn't just drop my mission on finding my brother. After this time, I finally saw him, telling me that there is still a chance. I could still find him, even when he is thousands of miles away from me.

I could still remember the pain as if the events happened were just weeks from now. It still felt fresh.

<FLASHBACK>

"Traveler." I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and my eyes with a pair of crimson ones. It was Kazuha.

"K-Kazuha." I stammered, quickly wiping the tears away that were rolling down my cheek. "What are you doing here?" I tried to flash him a smile but obviously, he didn't buy it.

Kazuha and I just met just a week back thanks to Captain Beidou. Despite the short time we have known each other, Kazuha became close to me, much like how I felt with Venti.

He was an open minded person and is really chill and patient over anything. He too was really understanding and always took into consideration what other people felt.

Kazuha sat beside me, raising his one knee up where he rested his forearm.

"I sensed indifference." He softly giggled, his eyes smiling as he did so.

"Y-you can sense that too?" I giggled as well.

Kazuha did have interesting ways of sensing any danger lurking in the dark. I could still remember how he was able to sense the thief during the Crux Clash and that was even under the supervision of Captain Beidou herself. He had indeed such great talents and capabilities.

"The wind speaks to us in many ways you might not expect." He spoke, his voice, gentle. "How are you?"

I can't help but feel my eyes well as he asked the question.

"You do not need to hold back your tears. I'll be here for you." He whispered. I looked at him and all those memories I had with Venti came flooding in and in a moment, I already found myself crying on Kazuha's chest.

He pulled me closer to me, embracing me tightly as he gently rubbed my back.

"It pains me to see you like this." He mumbled.

"I-I'm sorry." I pulled away from his embrace and wiped my tears away with the balls of my palms. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." He gave me a reassuring smile. "You are a close friend of mine. Obviously, I'd be in pain to see someone close to me cry."

I gave him a weak smile. "You're right." I tried to giggle.

"I hope you don't mind me asking." He said.

I hummed in response.

"What is it like to be with the Anemo Archon?"

My eyes slightly widened at his question. I did tell him about Venti and he found himself in shock when he found out that I was with the Anemo Archon. Although, he never pressed anything further as the pain was still intense at the time I met him.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer." He immediately added to his question.

"No, it's fine." I reassured him. "It's not like he hurt me on purpose. I miss him, dearly." I breathed, trying my best to keep my breathing stable. "Venti -erm- I mean, Barbatos is such a caring and loving Archon. He values peace above all else and it gives him pleasure whenever he is able to give happiness to other people." I smiled as I spoke.