Dazed

Lumine

"Is it true?" I mumbled as I stared into nothingness.

Venti and I were left alone in the cave where the Abyss Order's hideout lies.

All I felt at that moment was numbness. I don't know what else to feel. Aether was right in front of me. He was so close to my grasp but still, it felt like he was thousands of miles away from me.

So close, yet so far.

I feel that familiar twist in my chest, the same feeling I'd feel every time I think of Aether; the longing, the want, the craving to be in his arms once more, it was all too familiar to me.

I heard Venti approach me but stopped once he was just a few feet away from me.

"Lumine..." He spoke softly but his voice was laced by melancholy. "This is what I was trying to keep away from you." He muttered.

"Why did you do it?" I asked as I slowly felt the tears leak out from my eyes.

"I kept it from you because I didn't want you to see me differently." His voice broke in between, telling me that he was already sobbing.

"No. That's not what I meant." I turned on my heels and faced him. "Why did you do it? Why did you destroy Khaenri'ah?"

"It wasn't what we truly wanted. It was Celestia, the Heavenly Principles. We were only doing what was right to keep Teyvat safe." He replied. "I know the sins I have done, Lumine." He approached me and held both my hands. "I could never atone for the lives that I myself was the cause for their perishing." He held my hands tightly, placing them near his chest. "But, please, know that my love for you is true. And that's all I ever know." I felt his tears fall on my hands.

My heart breaks seeing Venti cry in front of me but I don't know what else I should do. I don't know what to do. Seeing Aether again and knowing about Khaenri'ah confuses me. Why did he choose the abyss over me? Why didn't he choose me, his sister, his twin, his own blood and muscle?

"Lumine, please." Venti looked at me with tears in his eyes. "I beg you." He gradually fell on his knees while holding my hands still.

"Venti..." I mumbled, tears were now streaming down my face.

"I have sinned, Lumine. I know I can never redeem myself again but please, I don't want to lose you." He whimpered loudly, his sounds of cries echoing all throughout the cave.

"I need time." That's all I could ever mutter. I then tried to pull back my hands but each attempt, Venti would just try and hold them again. I kept pulling it back again and again and again until he just stopped reaching out for it again. I then walked past him, leaving him kneeling on the floor.

"Lumine, please." He begged, running towards me. He then hugged me from behind, resting his forehead on my back as he cried. "Don't go. I can't go on without you please. Don't let my sins get between us, Lumine." He pleaded.

I sobbed silently as he said those words. I truly loved Venti but I can't choose between Aether and him. Now that I have known the truth, I need some time to process everything. Aether is my brother.

He is my own kin.

I turned around to face Venti again. I then held his cheeks and he held my hands. He looked at me and his emerald green eyes were filled with nothing but sorrow.

"Please, give me time." I whispered in between tears, rubbing his cheeks. He held my hand tightly.

"Don't leave me." He cried even more.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

He then leaned in closer to me and smashed his lips on mine. I could feel the sadness as he kissed me, I could feel him begging for me to stay, but at this point, I just can't.