Fall

Lumine

Venti and I rushed to the Jade Chamber as fast as we can but even so, chaos has already been unleased.

The waters of Liyue were smashing unto the its shores, leaving behind nothing but pure destruction. Waves were so violent and the stone forest cower in their presence.

A loud roar was then to be heard from the depths of the ocean. It was a deafening roar.

I watched how the oceans were so restless as Venti and I glided through the air in an attempt to reach the Jade Chamber.

Once we landed on it's concrete platform, Venti instantly fell on his lips again, panting.

"Venti." I wrapped his arm over my shoulder, carrying him as we walked. "You need to rest."

He didn't reply. All I heard was him struggling to breathe. His breaths were uneven and labored.

Once we reached the entrance of the chamber, we saw Ningguang and the Adepti standing in awe at the presence of the awakening god.

"Barbatos." Moon Carver spoke in his deep voice. "What had happened to the Anemo Archon?"

"We had a duel with Childe. It wasn't pretty at all." I said as I struggled to carry Venti near one of the benches. I then have him sit on the bench, telling him to rest for a moment.

"Childe? The Fatui Harbinger?" Ningguang asked.

I just nodded at her.

"Lumine." I then heard Venti's weak voice. I immediately brought my gaze to him. My heart was filled with nothing but pain when I see him in this state. I couldn't help but tear up.

He then drew out his hand and tried to caressed my cheek. His hand felt so cold as I held it with my hand. "You l-look so b-beautiful." He tried to smile.

I tried smiling back but tears were the only ones rolling down on my cheek. I couldn't bear seeing him like this. I wanted to take all of his pain away but I just don't know I will.

"Venti..." I murmured. "Just hang on a bit longer. This will end soon." I sobbed.

"Don't cry, my beloved." He whispered as he attempted to sit up. He then kissed me on my forehead. I cupped his cheeks afterwards. "I love you." He mumbled before pressing his soft lips on mine.

I felt my eyes water even more as we shared a kiss. He then pulled away after a moment, resting his forehead on mine.

"Go." He said. "Be the savior of Liyue." He caressed my cheek, leaning back to the bench afterwards. Then in a moment, he slipped into unconciousness again.

All I could do at that moment was cry. The only thing I ever wanted was to be happy with Venti as I journey forward in searching for my brother. I didn't want this chaos. I just wanted to be with the people I love.

My heart was slowly being filled with anger; anger towards Childe and the Fatui itself. I want to tear them down; dismantle them and remove them from the face of Teyvat.

I then stood up, summoning my sword as step out of the comforts of the chamber. Rain was heavily pouring and thunders were roaring.

The coldness of the rain brought pain to my aching muscles but I disregarded it because I want to end all of this,

Now.

"Let's put an end to this." I spoke.

Ningguang and the others all looked at me. I looked back at them, exchanging looks in the process.

"Let's set aside our difference and unite against this adversary." I spoke loudly as I tried to overpower the sounds roaring thunder.

Then, they all nodded at each other.