Pleasant (M)

Lumine

I woke up with a splitting headache. My eyes slowly fluttered open.

It felt like I had been asleep for the longest time yet my body still felt so stiff and exhausted.

As my senses gradually pulled itself together, I noticed that I was in a familiar room. There was also a familiar scent of old books and candles.

I looked around and realized, I was in the Wangshen Funeral Parlor.

How did I get here?

My eyes wandered around until my gaze fell on a familiar face.

Venti.

He was sleeping soundly as his arms and head rested on the bed while sitting on a wooden chair. He doesn't have his beret hat on and his cape was about to fall off his shoulders.

"Venti?" I called out softly.

He immediately awoke. He was dazed for a few moments but once he recollected his senses, his eyes instantly teared up before standing up and engulfing me in a hug.

"Lumine!" He whimpered. "I was so worried about you!" He hugged me tight. "Where have you been?" He pulled away and cupped my cheeks. "How are you feeling now?"

"I'm fine now Venti. I just have a slight headache, that's all." I smiled. He smiled back before lovingly kissing me on the lips. He then broke the kiss and started planting kisses all over my face making me giggle.

"You made me so worried." He sobbed.

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

I then began to recollect everything that happened.

The statue, the cave, the whispers...

Dain.

I gasped. "Where's Dain?"

Venti looked at me, confused. "Dain? Who's Dain?" He asked.

"Dainsleif. I-I met him-" I stammered. "I met him by the cave. He was also checking out the base the same as I was."

Venti looked furious somehow. "Why are you looking for him?"

"He knows Aether."

His eyes widened. "H-how?"

"I don't know. I just-" I suddenly felt a strong pang on my temples making me wince in pain.

<Flashback>
"I'll find you again." Dain held my cheeks and carressed it.

"Dain." I mumbled.

I stared into his sea blue eyes. It was so captivating and hypnotic. I also noticed how odd the shape of his pupils are. Now that I see it upclose, it kind of reminded me of Kaeya's eyes.

He then leaned closer to me. I wanted to back away and he had a firm hold on my cheek. He stopped once his lips were just few inches away from mine.

"I have to go now." He whispered. I felt his breath on my lips and face. "For now, it's time for me to go."

He let go of my face before I watched him walk away.

"Wait. Dain." I tried running but my knees felt weak. My whole body grew exhausted quickly. I looked at my palms and my vision was slowly getting blurry. I looked back to where Dain was and he was gradually fading into sight.

"Wait..." I said before falling on my knees. "Help me find Aether..."

With that said, I then fell into a deep slumber.