Connection (✓)(M)

‼️MATURE SCENE AHEAD‼️
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lumine

I was shocked when Venti planned on stealing the Holy Lyre but despite the alarm, I still decided not to speak.

Jean looked at him in disbelief too as well as Master Diluc. They then looked at each other and seemed to have come up with the same conclusion.

"We don't really have much of a choice now, do we?" Jean crossed her arms over her chest before sitting down on the couch, contemplating on the events.

"Hm, I'm afraid I'll no longer be concerned here." Diluc began to roll the map, placing it in the drawer after.

"We understand." Jean smiled at Diluc. "This decision shall fall on me as the acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius. We shall wait until the night is deep in order to make sure that no one could catch us in the act."

We all nodded at her. Before we head back to our respective rooms, Jean asked Amber, Kaeya and I to stay back since she has 'special' orders for us regarding the heist. She pointed out specific locations of guards even the exits that will be deemed useful whether or not the mission was successful.

The short meeting lasted for several minutes and once everything was settled, we all headed back to the rooms

I hurriedly went to the door and into my room. I'll be having the room to myself tonight due to Amber and Kaeya being sent back to Mondstadt to keep a closer look at any suspicious movements, especially the Fatui. On the other hand, Jean also decided to head back to avoid raising suspicions, just as the plans stated earlier.

It was just Venti and I.

I fell back onto the bed, and I immediately felt comfortable. The bedding was nice and the ambiance was relaxing. I then rolled to my side and let out a sigh.

"Venti..." I murmured, rubbing the empty space on the bed beside me. Flashbacks from that night then came back to me. I tried to shake them away from my head but the memories were still fresh.

I rolled again; now I am laying on my back. I then placed my arm on my forehead and let out another heavy sigh. I still can't believe he thought of it that way. Because we were just caught in the moment?

I grabbed a pillow and covered my face with it until I heard a knock on the door.

"Lumine?"

Speaking of the devil, it was Venti.

I quickly sat up and my heartbeat immediately raced. What is he doing here?

"Lumine. I know you're there." He continued to knock on the door.

I didn't want to open the door. I just wanted him to leave but my feet seemed to have a mind of their own and they brought me right by the door.

I then slowly opened the door and caught a glimpse of the Anemo Archon himself.

We quicky meet gazes. I missed how his emerald eyes used to glimmer. But now, it just looks pale and lifeless. He also seemed tired and disorganized. For a moment he was speechless so I decided to talk first.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a monotone.

"C-can we talk?" He stammered, as always.

"What for?"

"Please, just let us talk Lumine." He pleaded.

I was unsure how this was going to play out but I still agreed anyway. I opened the door widely and he let himself in while I walked towards the bed, sitting on the edge. He then closed the door behind him and just stood there.