Breakaway (✓)

Lumine

It's been weeks since Venti and I last split the tasks in searching for the Adepti.

I was successful in my attempts; I was able to talk to Xiao, whom Moon Carver called as the Conqueror of Demons, and relayed the message to Cloud Retainer.

Once I finished all my tasks, as promised, I headed back to Liyue to wait for Venti.

I missed him so much. Every single day that he was far from me, he will always be in my waking thoughts and even in my sleep. I would always wonder whether he is sleeping well, eating good food, or if he is safe.

Ever since we met in Mondstadt, we have always done things together. We never really left each other's side so, doing these tasks, without him, was completely new to me.

There were times I wished I could sleep beside him, especially those lonely nights as I travelled through the forests and mountains.

I can't wait to see him.

I made my way to the inn where Venti and I stayed. I took a good long bath and laid down on the bed after.

I then thought of buying him gifts. He might be hungry from all the travel so, I decided to go out to the harbor in search of good food.

While I was on my way to the harbor, I caught a glimpse of Childe. He seemed to have noticed me instantly. I looked away and tried my best to ignore him.

I asked the vendor how much the food was and paid her accordingly. She then started cooking my order. I wanted to try something different this time; something that would remind Venti of Liyue.

I was busy staring at how the lady was cooking my order until I felt an arm over my shoulder. I tensed up and looked up to see who it was.

Childe.

"Hi. It's nice to see you here." He smiled.

I removed his arm on my shoulder and tried to give him a polite smile.

"Seems like you're not happy to see me." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and tried my best to not reply.

"You're alone."

"No. I'm not." I replied.

He then looked around.

"I don't think so." He chuckled, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "Where's that bard?"

I pushed him away from me, offended. He raised his hands up in surrender.

The vendor then gave me the food, thanked her, and I immediately walked off.

I had hopes of Childe not following me but then I turned my head to check, he was already right behind me.

I stopped on my tracks and turned around to face him.

"Stop following me." I hissed, giving him a warning look before I headed back inside the city of Liyue, where the Inn, Venti and I were staying at, was.

At some point, I thought Childe really stopped following me but then, eventually, he grabbed me by my arm and pulled my close to him. My body slammed against his and I glared at him once I met eyes with him.

"Now, now. Don't be rude." He had a smirk on his face. I scoffed. "Don't you miss me?" He leaned in closer and I tried my best to pull away from him but his grip around my waist was really tight.

"Why would I miss you?" I hissed.

If only I could summon my sword.

"Awww, that hurts." He cooed. "I don't know what you see in that bard but you are better off with me."