Threat (✓)

Venti

We watched as Ningguang walked towards the center, facing everybody with confidence and authority.

She looked so elegant in her dress, with her beautiful white hair just dangling behind her.

"Welcome, people of Liyue." She began, her voice gentle yet loud enough for everyone to hear. "We gather here today to witness yet another miracle and the moment that we have been waiting for a year, is now to come. The hour has finally come upon us."

The people of Liyue clapped at her announcement.

Her two assistants then bowed in front of her before stepping out.

I watched her intently.

She is now being shrouded by such immense energy. The pebbles and stones that were scattered all over the place began to float and each of them merged with one another creating what I believe are sigils.

It rotated around her as the energy grew stronger. And with one summoning gesture, the gems flew into the incense burner that was situated in the middle of the terrace. Then for a few moments, nothing happened until a beam of light was blasted to the sky opening some sort of portal.

The crowd gasped and watched the moments unfold in awe.

A loud roar was then heard from the heavens and the people clapped at the massive power they were witnessing. The clouds formed around the beam. It was filled with divine light for a moment but everything changed when the white sky suddenly turned black.

All of us were startled and an ominous aura settled in. I gasped and grabbed Lumine closer to me, urging her to slowly step back. She looked at me and nodded, trusting my instincts.

I don't like this feeling.

I continued to stare at the sky until a behemoth of a creature fell from the sky causing everyone in the vicinity to be thrown off including Lumine and I. With my anemo ability, I tried to lessen the damage of our impact, but the explosion was too strong and I wasn't able to summon enough wind to break our fall so, I hit the wall and Lumine slammed on my body.

I grunted in pain, quickly shielding her from the debris of the blast.

Once the dust settled, I peeked through my eye lids and my eyes couldn't believe what I saw. It was...

Exuvia...

"Oh no." I mumbled. "This can't be happening."

"What's happening Venti?" Lumine looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Morax." That's all I could mutter without tearing my gaze from the creature.

All of a sudden, the millelith soldiers came pouring into the terrace. Some of them helped Ningguang as she was the one closest to the fall while the others aided the citizens of Liyue.

As Lumine and I tried to recover ourselves from the blast, I noticed that the soldiers started to interrogate some citizens who didn't sustain any injuries from the blast. Most of the people started pointing at us, and I started the panic.

My blood began to boil knowing that these people most likely blamed Lumine and I because we were new faces.

One of the millelith soldier then ordered to sieze the two of us. All of their men charged towards us with their spears drawn in front.

I gathered all the energy I could muster before summoning a huge gust of wind towards their direction, sending them flying in different direction. I held Lumine tightly as I do so.