Trust (✓)

Venti

Lumine was gently nestled on my chest, her heartbeat calm and breathing steady. I gently combed her blond hair before giving her a kiss on her forehead.

She then looked up at me and I saw her beautiful caramel brown eyes. I smiled at her

"I have to tell you something." She said, her face, serious. My smile instantly faded away. She then sat up and I did the same.

"What is it?" I replied.

"Before you arrived, Childe mentioned something about him knowing what I want." She started. "And that was proving ourselves innocent."

I raised a brow at her.

I was skeptical. It's not that I think Lumine was lying regarding the incident, but why would someone pop out of nowhere and care so much about giving us the justice we needed?

I groaned, annoyed, running my fingers through my hair before I started biting the inside of my cheek.

"It just doesn't add up." I clicked my tongue. "Plus, you did mention he was a Fatui right?"

Lumine nodded at me.

"We all know the reputation the Fatui holds." I looked away. "Each nation fears them, even us, Archons, wouldn't meddle with them simply." I looked back at her.

"We can at least give it a try." She mumbled. I gasped, looking at her with disbelief.

"Try? They're the Fatui, Lumine." I stressed before letting out a groan. I then jumped off the bed and began pacing back and forth. "They're always up to no good. Even if they help us, they'll always be loyal to Snezhnaya. Who knows what they can do to prove their loyalty?"

"But Venti," She sighed. "What else can we do?" She held her gaze at me. "As long as we are not proven innocent, we can't roam the streets of Liyue. There'll always be a chase." She argued back.

"So, what are you trying to say?" I glared at her. "That we should trust the people who stole my Gnosis? The people who took a huge part of me?" I spat blatantly. She gasped and her eyes widened in shock. She then frowned and looked away.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, approaching her immediately. I tried holding her hand but she didn't allow me to.

"I know you are stressed about having you lost both your Gnosis and your friend, Morax." She mumbled before letting out a heavy breath. "I understand that, Venti." She looked back at me again. "But, know that I don't want you to trust any of them." Her eyes showed hurt and distress. "I want you to trust me."

We stared at each other for a moment

"Lumine, I-" I tried holding her hand once more but she drew it back again, further away from me. I looked at her and she was already looking away.

I gulped my saliva, and maybe alongside my pride too. I deeply care for Lumine and I didn't really mean to make her feel that I didn't trust her. I do trust her, with my whole life. I just don't want her to get hurt in the process because I'll get hurt too.

"Lumine." I took the effort to actually take her hand. She then looked at me, still frowning. "I want you to know that I do trust you." I reassured her, holding her hand tightly. "I'm sorry, my love." I gently held her face and she looked at me with sadness in her eyes. My heart ached.

I then rubbed her cheek with my thumb before leaning in, kissing her lovingly.

I was still unusure whether I should let this happen. My intution is telling me not to and I have always trusted my intution right off the bat but I also want to trust Lumine. I know she'll only want what's best for the two of us because I know how much she deeply cares for me and for us.