Liberate

Venti

"Is something wrong, Venti?"

"Huh?"

My head shot up towards Morax's direction. I just smiled at him and looked down at the cup of tea in my hand.

Ever since Lumine went out to take commissions, I've been having this uneasy feeling. I thought, maybe it was because we were separated from each other again but, I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen and it gives me a deep pit in my stomach.

"I just felt something." I mumbled, looking at my reflection on the tea.

"Where's Lumine, by the way? It is unusual to see the two of you not together." I heard Morax set his cup down onto the glass table.

"Well," I was hesitant to answer for a moment. "She decided to take on some commissions before our leave for Inazuma." I answered as brief as possible.

"I see."

Then, there was a moment of silence.

And out of silence, the wind blew gently and I heard a voice I wasn't expecting to hear.

Venti...

I gasped, standing up from my seat, panic slowly setting in.

"Venti?" Morax's voice rang in my head. I shook his voice away and tried focusing on the voice I just heard from the wind.

I suddenly felt a surge of uneasiness throughout my body.

That voice. It sounded like it was Lumine.

At this moment, the voice didn't speak again.

"What's the matter?" Morax asked. He seemed concerned now.

"I-" I set down the cup onto the table and grabbed my beret hat from the chair as well as my cape. "I have to go, Morax." Without saying proper farewell, I headed out of the Wangshen Funeral Parlor. I put on my beret hat and hovered the cape over my shoulders, tying it securely as I hurriedly walked down the streets.

I knew letting Lumine on her own was a bad idea. I thought. I kept beating myself about it.

I knew I shouldn't have let her off on her own. I should have pushed myself to join. I only decided to stay because I didn't want her to be upset and worry about me.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. My brisk walking turned jogs and jogs turned to running.

I need to find her, quickly.

I hurriedly ran to the Liyue Harbor and to the Adventurer's Guild, which was just situated south of the Harbor.

I was thankful enough to see Kathyrene on her usual post.

"Kathyrene!" I called out. Her head shot up towards my direction.

"Oh. Hello." She gave me a huge smile. "Ad Astra Abyssosque. Welcome to the Adventurer's guild. How may I help you? From the looks of it, you don't seem to be an adventurer?"

"Uhhh, I'm looking for someone; the Traveler, Lumine." I replied.

"Ah. The Traveler. She was here a while back and she already finished commissions." Kathyrene grinned. "Haven't she returned yet?"

"No. Not yet." I shook my head. "I do get that some commissions take a long time to finish." I added. "Uhm, she might have taken a long one so, I was curious about the commission she took." I tried giving her a big smile.

"Ah, yes. From what I can recall, Lan and Ganyu seemed to have offered her another commission." She explained. "Although, I don't know much of the details regarding the commission but from what I have heard, it was about Treasure Hoarders."