Old (✓)

Venti

BARBATOS!

"AAAAHHH!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, alarming Lumine. She quickly rose up from her position and held both my shoulders, shaking me gently.

I was starting to breathe heavily, my heart beat racing quickly. I clutched my hand onto my chest, as I continued to pant.

"Venti." Lumine was really alarmed. "What happened? Are you okay?"

I stared at her in complete shock.

Who was that? Was it, Dvalin?

"I h-heard a voice." I gulped my saliva in an attempt to calm myself.

"A voice?" Lumine raised a brow at me. "Did you recognize whose voice it was?"

"It sounded like," I paused looking at my hands. "-Dvalin." I looked at Lumine and upon seeing my face, she immediately looked distressed. She then held my face and gave me a peck on the lips before pulling me into a hug.

This can't be happening again.

Tears began to well up in my eyes as the bitter memories came crashing down on me again. I held Lumine tightly as I willingly allowed myself to cry on her shoulder.

"Venti." She pulled away and held my cheek again. This time, she wiped my tears away with her thumb. Her brown eyes looked sad. She was filled with sympathy towards me and it gave me the opportunity to be completely emotionally vulnerable to her. I held her hand and kissed the inside of her palm before enclosing both her hands in mine.

"Tell me what's wrong Venti." She mumbled.

I looked deep into her eyes. I have lots to tell Lumine but the timing right now is just bad. Plenty of things are happening in a blink of an eye and maybe, she's not ready to see that side of me yet. Or at least, that's what I thought.

"Soon." That's all I could say. She just smiled at me and held me close.

"For now," I wiped my tears away. "Let's head back to Mondstadt."

She nodded at me.

Once we fixed all our things, we headed back to the city on horseback. Although, we didn't head straight to the Headquarters, for the fear that the Knights of Favonius will capture us as prisoners, so, we headed to Angel's Share instead. Fortunately, Master Diluc was there.

It was deep into the night and the bar was in it's usual condition, not too full yet it wasn't completely empty either. I grabbed Lumine by her hand, barging in through door and immediately closing it behind us.

The customers stared at us and all we could do was give them awkward smiles before heading towards the counter where Master Diluc was.

"Oh." He settled the wine glass he was cleaning on the table and looked at Lumine and I. "It's you." He began folding the towel he was using in cleaning the wine glass. "I've heard of your failed heist." He walked out of the counter, leaned on it, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"My deepest apologies for barging in unwantedly, Master Diluc." I bowed in respect of his authority. "We needed to give word to Jean but heading to the Headquarters would put Lumine and I in danger." I explained. He nodded.

"I do understand the severity of your situation. It was wise you decided to seek refuge here." He looked at the two of us. "If I were you, I would go to the 2nd floor. Your arrival will soon alert the Knights of Favonius and in any minute, they would come here and interrogate me."

Lumine and I followed what he ordered us to do so, without hesitation, we went upstairs and picked the seat that was in the very corner.

Lumine sat by the wall and I sat beside her. She then rested her head on my shoulder and I gave her a kiss on her forehead.