Seconds (✓)

Venti

Last night was truly memorable. I was able to spend my time with my long-time friend as well as the love of my life. It will be one of the moments I shall treasure for as long as I live.

What made the night better was the ring that Morax gave me. Ever since Lumine and I parted to look for the adepti, I've always thought of asking her hand for marriage. I was already starting my search for good rings so, it was so unexpected for Morax himself to create a ring for me.

I did appreciate it alot, considering my bad tastes in jewelry as well as my low income. I couldn't thank Morax enough for what he did.

Now, Lumine and I are sitting atop a roof, looking into the harbor. She had her head on my shoulder while our fingers were entwined together. I then brought her hand close to my lips, kissing the back of her hand after.

Lumine giggled, smiling at me. "How was your little date with Morax?" She joked.

I chuckled. "The date went extremely well." I winked at her making her laugh.

"I see." She giggled. "What did the two of you talk about?" She wondered. I looked into her eyes and the moonlight reflected on her caramel brown eyes.

"Well, we did talk about you and I." I grinned. "Morax has always been curious about things. It might not look obvious but he does have a knack for new knowledge so, he is a bit nosy at times." I chuckled.

Lumine did the same. "I didn't expect Morax to be nosy. He is a well-reserved man."

"Of course he is. He just keeps his composure well." I looked into the harbor again, taking in all the view.

How long has it been since I actually sat down and appreciate the surroundings?

Most of the years of my existence was just spent on nothing but grieving over the loss of Vati. I might find myself sitting atop trees or mountains but I wasn't really enjoying any scenery. I was busy with drinking, hoping that it could ease the pain.

But it never really did.

I had a strong tolerance towards liquor but even if I did make myself drunk, I wouldn't be so drunk that I'd be black out. I was still, sober so, even when I try to forget, I can still remember it, clear as day.

And that hurt me more.

And then, Lumine came into my life, like an unexpected storm.

She took away all my cares and worries.

Now, I am out here, enjoying the view that I never had the chance to appreciate before.

It's like, I was woken from a deep slumber and my nightmares are now all behind me.

I turned my head to the side and looked at Lumine. She was staring into the harbor too, her lips curved into a smile.

I can't help but smile too.

She then turned her head to face me.

"What?" She giggled, her cheeks blushing.

My eyes slightly widened when she noticed me, causing for me to get flustered.

"N-Nothing." I stammered, laughing awkwardly.

"Really?" She raised a brow at me. "It seems like you wanted to say something."

I paused for a moment before finally having enough courage to speak.

"I'm glad I am able to witness this with you." I stared deep into her eyes.