Horror

Lumine

"Do tell me what happened." Venti mumbled under his breath as he rested his head on my bare chest.

I was still hesitant about telling Venti what truly happened. That unholy statue would surely drive him mad. It was a complete disrespect in his name as an Archon.

"You don't have to do this alone, Lumine." He sat up and looked me in the eye. "I know this is about your brother but let me help you." He held my hand firmly. I then sat up and took a deep breath, exhaling it afterwards.

"While I was inspecting the area, a man came out of the shadows. He told me his name is Dainsleif." I started. Venti got intrigued immediately. "He knew my name."

"Have you met this man before?" He asked.

I shook my head in a disagreeing manner. "I've never met him. In fact, he never told me about anything."

"But you trusted him right away?"

I looked at him, offended. "What made you think that I trusted him?"

"I'm sorry."

I sighed. "The only reason I followed his was because he mentioned I looked just like "him,""

Venti looked at me with a confused look.

"You look like Dainsleif?"

"No." I stressed. "I looked like somebody he knows." I elaborated.

"Could it be Aether?" Venti asked.

"That's what I was thinking. Who else would I look like? I am the only Outlander here." I pursed my lips.

Venti nodded.

"But how was that possible? You said an unknown god had taken him from you." Venti rubbed his chin. "Unless."

I exhaled heavily.

At this point, I was already confused. Much more confused than I was before.

"Another reason I followed him is because he mentioned he was also investigating the same area I was investigating too." I added. "Then, he suggested that we'd go do it together. I didn't see him as much of a threat so, I agreed."

Venti was silent and was deep in thought.

"So, we went into the cave together. The whole cave was filled with-" I paused.

"With what?"

"Insidious energy." I felt shivers down my spine as I attempted to remember what happened.

"Insidious energy, you say?" Venti asked.

"I don't know if you're ready to hear this." I looked away, feeling my chest ache. He held my hand close to his chest making me look at him.

"I can take it." He said, kissing my hands.

I took yet another deep breath.

"Okay." I breathed. "Inside a cave there is an upside down Statue of the Seven. The way it looked was so unholy." Telling him what happened felt like a thorn was finally removed from my chest. "What's worse is, it was your statue."

Venti gasped. "My statue?"

"Yes. I don't know how else to describe it but I felt the unholy energy surge through me the same way I resonated with your actual statue and I started hearing whispers regarding the sins the Archons had made."

I looked at Venti and I could see the horror in his eyes. He was in utter disbelief.

"T-The sins..." He slowly looked away.