Chapter 1: Apocalyptic World

Start from the beginning

"Someone can love you. Ya just have to be willing to change yer type." Quian Duo said.

"I get what you're saying and I've tried it with that type before. They can't satisfy my needs." Mochou revealed his face lightly blushing.

"Wait?! Don't tell me yer a bottom. With that body? I can't believe it." Quian Duo said his eyes wide in surprise.

"Shut up. A person's body type shouldn't determine their sexual role in bed." Mochou snapped.

People always assumed he was a top because he was muscular and tall. Even before the apocalypse he'd be dumped when they found out he wanted to be on the bottom. Every man he approached because they fit his type would turn him down. The only ones who ever approached him were the stereotypical bottom.

"Mochou, listen I get yer attracted to guys like Fei Long, but I think ya'll should give up on finding a guy like that. Head over to the North district tomorrow and pick anyone who looks decent. It might not be love but at least ya'll have someone to give you company and help ya quench the fire raging between yer loins." Quian Duo suggested with a long lingering look at Mochou's lower half.

"I don't want someone to play with. I want a real relationship. Someone who will love me and be willing to die for me. I know asking for a fairytale relationship or expecting to meet my soulmate is ridiculous. But is it really too much to ask for someone who loves me? Someone who, even if this wasn't the apocalypse, would want to spend their life with me." Mochou said.

"Yer 32 and living in the apocalypse. Beggars can't be choosers at this point." Quian Duo said. Mochou knew he was right. Even before it was the apocalypse things weren't any better.

"Might as well give it a try." Mochou thought. He closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall. Quian Duo seemed satisfied and decided to leave.

"Come by my place tomorrow. My team's planning another trip to the city and we could use a few more people." Quian Duo said.

"I'll think about it." Mochou sighed.

...

"Things still awkward with Fei Long?" Quian Duo asked.

"It's not him. He's been great. Treating me like I never confessed." Mochou explained.

"Would ya feel better if he was an asshole and started avoiding ya like the plague?" Quian Duo asked.

"No, but it'd be easier to give up on my feelings."

"The best way to give up is to hook up with someone else. Go to the North district like I suggested and find someone." Quian Duo suggested again.

Mochou sighed hard in return. He wasn't exactly excited about the idea of picking someone up at the North district but something needed to change. And after a week of awkwardness he needed a change of pace.

"I'll head over after lunch." Mochou decided.

"Want me to come with ya?" Quian Duo asked.

"No." Mochou said.

He wasn't a fan of looking for a date in a group. Mostly because the ones he was interested in would usually pick his friends. Looking at Quian Duo he figured that would be the case.

"He's unkept and dirty but that can be said about 90% of the people left in the world. Compared to most of us he's pretty decent even with the tattered and stained clothes. He's scrawny from not eating well but you can still see traces of muscles through Quian Duo's clothes. His best attribute is that worry free smile and carefree attitude." Mochou thought to himself as he gave Quian Duo a quick once over.