Chapter Eighty Five: Inside The Mind

Start from the beginning

It felt like she was watching Cedric Diggory's murder again.  And that felt like her fault.

••

Screams echoed around the Slytherin Common Room, students jumping at the sound. The source: Daisy Snape. "Daisy, are you okay? Daisy!" Pansy shouted at her friend as she tossed and turned in her bedsheets, sweat pouring over her as she could not open her eyes. It was real. What she had witnessed was not a dream. It was reality and she had just watched Arthur Weasley get hurt. She opened her eyes to see the whole room staring at her, bursting into tears at the thought. She brought her legs to her chest as her breathing elevated, feeling panic fall over her.

"What's all the noise?" Blaise knocked on the girls dormitory as Pansy opened the door, seeing Blaise and Draco stood there. "We're worried, it sounded bad" the two boys sounded worried.

"It's Daisy." Pansy said, leaving the door ajar as Daisy sat on the middle of her bed, Pansy rushing over to the girl, engulfing her in a hug as the boys rushed into the room.

"I'll go get Professor Snape." Blaise stated, Pansy nodding at him as he rushed off out of sight.

"Daisy, what's up? What happened?" Draco rushed over to the girls bed, sitting on the opposite side to Pansy as he brought her into a hug. "You're burning up. Pansy, can you get a cold flannel or something." The witch nodded, rushing over to the bathroom as Draco moved the girls hair out of her face.

"It wasn't a dream. Someone is in danger. I watched them get hurt. They need help." Daisy stuttered, her voice croaking as more tears continued to fall. Pansy rushed back two cold flannels in hand as the boy pressed one to her neck and one to her forehead.

"Who is hurt, who needs help Daisy?" Draco questioned, worry in his voice. He hated seeing the girl like this, he hated how he couldn't help.

"Arthur Weasley. I don't know where he was but he got attacked by a snake. He needs help fast, he was badly hurt." The girl sobbed into Draco's shoulder as he rubbed his hand across her back, placing delicate kisses to the top of her head.

"Your father will be here any..." Draco was interrupted by Blaise running back into the room, Professor Snape behind him.

"What's happened?" The teacher questioned breathlessly, running into the room. He didn't like seeing everyone crowded around his daughter. His heart fell, seeing the girl distraught

"It's Daisy, Professor. Somethings happened." The man knelt in front of his daughter's bed, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Daisy, let's get you out of here. Everyone else will return to bed." Severus looked around at the students that had now gathered in the room. Some of them slowly left, except one who stayed put. 

"I want to come with her." Draco spoke up, standing from the bed.

"Mr Malfoy, as pure as your intentions I need to speak with Daisy alone." He spoke aloud but turned to him in a more private manner. "She will be okay, Draco. Let me just find out what's wrong. She will be back as soon as she is okay, I promise." The boy nodded, walking towards the door as the man helped his daughter up, holding onto her tightly. Her knees gave way slightly, Pansy helping her regain her balance.

Daisy and Severus left the common room without another word, the man guiding her down the common room. "Where are we going?" Daisy questioned, her eyes blurry from tears.