i'm not going anywhere

dokyeom puts his car in park and turns off the engine, shooting you a "i'm here" text message before making his way to the house. he knocks on your best friends door, swaying on his feet as he waits for someone to answer. you were having a girls night, and knew it would inevitably end with you being too drunk to drive home. dokyeom, being the sweet boyfriend he is, told you it was no problem and that he would pick you up. you had gone out to a bar earlier in the night, and came back to her house for a couple hours, where you may have forgotten to drink water and eat. it's unlike you, and everyone knows it, especially your boyfriend. 

the door swings open and he is face to face with your best friend, who immediately says "warning. y/n is like, really drunk" she says with a laugh. 

he chuckles, curious as to what compelled you to drink so much. he's only seen you drunk a handful of times, and each time has been different. he wonders which version he will get tonight. he watches as you appear at the door, stumbling as you try to slide your shoes on. you giggle as you fall into the wall, finding it quite honestly hilarious. he steps into the house, putting a hand on your waist to steady you.

"sit down baby, let me help" he chuckles at you fondly as you smile up at him with a silly grin on your face. 

"hi" you beam at him, almost like it's the first time you ever laid eyes on him again.

he sits you down and helps slides your shoes on. "hi sweet girl" he says, smiling up at you with a laugh. "lets get you home" he says as he taps your leg once he's done tying the laces. 

once you're all settled into the car, he notices your unusual silence that takes over on the drive home. he doesn't mention it, thinking you are just tired.he's sure you'll probably fall right asleep the second your head hits the pillow. 

the house welcomes you both with a burst of warm air, causing you to shiver from the change of temperature that it is outside. he slides off your coat, then your shoes and leaves them at the front door. he guides you to the couch and sits you down gently.

"i'm going to get you some water" he says sweetly, turning around to head towards the kitchen. 

he only makes it half a step before he feels a tug on his sleeve, stopping him in his tracks. when he turns around to look at you, he notices the fresh tears streaming down your cheeks. you open your mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. concern washes over every part of him. what could be making his sweet girl cry right now? you were fine just a moment ago.

"hey, baby girl. why are you crying? what's wrong?" he asks gently, holding onto your hand and sitting down next to you. 

"i'm, i" you stutter, not finishing a sentence. "just don't" you trail off before the cries stop you from speaking. 

his eyebrows furrow in confusion and worry at your outburst. he rubs his thumb over your hand softly. "don't what?" he asks.

"don't leave. i-i'm scared that you'll break up with me" you spill the words out. after this the sobs take over you, and the tears are a steady stream, landing on dokyeom's knee as he scoots closer to you. his eyes widen in concern at the statement, wondering where that could have possibly come from.

"hey, hey" he whispers gently, urging you to look up at him. your teary eyes meet his. "where is this coming from love? you know that i love you more than anything" he reassures you, wiping your tears from your cheek with his thumb. 

you take a few big sniffles, trying to pull yourself together once you realize how embarrassing this is. you're never drinking again, you think to yourself. 

"i don't know. i'm sorry. i- my friends were all talking about their exes and their awful break ups and i was thinking about how last time we went out and i was like this you were watching me, and i thought that maybe you were going to get tired of me. then tonight when you picked me up i- i was scared i disappointed you and, and" you struggle to pull your incoherent rambling together, so you just stop mid sentence. 

he pulls you swiftly into his lap, positioning you so that your facing him with your legs wrapped around him. "i will never, ever get tired of you. it's not possible. and i have never once been disappointed in you, especially not for something as silly as getting a little drunk" he says cautiously, hoping to calm your current state. he holds your hips, sliding one hand onto your back as he rubs it gently. "i watch over you because i just want to make sure you're safe. that's all it is baby". 

you shift in his lap, one stray tear escaping from your eyes again. he leans in and presses a kiss to your cheek on top of the tear, making it disappear. he moves your hair away from your face to get a clear view of your face. he sees your hesitation, and the sadness in your eyes as you still think about the breakup scenario.

"hey, i'm not going anywhere, okay?" he says, rubbing his hand up and down your arm in a soothing motion. he sees your lips threaten to curl into a smile, so his automatic response is to send a reassuring smile back to you. 

"okay" you sniffle, letting his words sink in. you lay your head down on his shoulder, wrapping your arms around him. "i'm sorry i doubted it. i don't know what happened. i love you" you say quietly into the fabric of his shirt. 

he brings his hand up to your head and cradles you into his shoulder, leaving his other hand wrapped tightly around your waist, bringing you as close to him as possible. 

"i love you too. you don't have to be sorry" he says as leaves a long kiss to the top of your head.

you pull back from his shoulder to look at him, feeling a lot better and so grateful that you have him. you finally give him a full smile, letting it naturally take over your face at the sight of him. he smiles back, feeling the weight of the world lift off of him now that your beautiful light is shining again. 

"now let me take care of you baby".