dirty flirt

you stand at the sink as everyone starts filling up the house, making it seemingly more stuffy by the second. you keep yourself busy with washing a few of the dirtied appetizer dishes that have already been devoured. laughter fills up the kitchen and the living room, people passing by as they grab another drink.

they try to add you into conversation every now and then, but your finding it to be a chore. the one person you created this party on a whim for isn't here yet. he's a shameless flirt, and you would be lying if you said you didn't love it. you've never known someone so charismatic before. you've kept it casual, throwing no labels around. hell you haven't even kissed before, yet the sexual tension between you both at any given moment is so thick you swear everyone else notices it too. you try not to let yourself think it could ever amount to something. maybe he's just playing me, you think to yourself all the time. he'll get bored and move on quickly.

but deep down, despite all your efforts to shield yourself from having something good like you always do, you know that he isn't that kind of guy. he is good, he is honestly everything that's good with the world. you have a feeling he's been wanting to move forward for a long time, but senses your apprehension. he doesn't want to push you into something you aren't ready for. that's just what you've heard through the grapevine. however, the responses he gets out of you from the flirting only makes him want you more.

"HEY! Look who finally showed up!" you hear a voice shout from the table beside you.

you swing your head over your shoulder, catching a glance of the man of the hour walking through the door of your house. dokyeom dazzles the room, making everyone smile in his arrival. his energy is contagious, when he's not around all you can think about is the next time he will be. it's the reason why you randomly threw together a party on this regular friday. he had texted you saying he would definitely be there, and you were getting nervous when he was late. that all washes away when he meets your eyes.

and there's that smile. god, that damn smile. of course, he throws a playful wink your way for good measure. you were not lying about the flirting. he can't seem to rip his gaze away from you as he says hi to more of his friends.

you suddenly become very interested in the plate you're washing, looking steadily into the sink below you while your cheeks turn bright pink. the butterflies don't waste even a second as you feel him stand behind you. very, very close, might you add. so close that your back brushes up against his chest.

"please enlighten me on why you are doing the dishes in the middle of the party?" he chuckles, the sound tickling your ear.

"hello to you, too" you say playfully rolling your eyes, still looking into the sink.

he reaches over your shoulder, leaning in to reach the faucet. with him hovering over you so intimately that you feel his body heat, you freeze. he knows exactly what he's doing too. asshole. he turns off the water, then takes the sponge from your hand and plops it on the counter. you huff in annoyance, then finally turn around to face him.

mistake, big mistake. he has that cocky grin on his face, the one that says he knows he has you right where he wants you. you meet his eyes, another mistake. you've never seen someone look at you the way he does. his grin transforms into a soft smile at the sight of you looking up at him.

"come join the party, would ya darling?" he says, gesturing to the house behind him.

you give in, thinking it would be nice to finally go sit down and join everyone else.

"do you want a drink?" you ask, knowing you are definitely going to need alcohol personally to get through the night.

"a beer would be great, thank you" he smiles. he methodically places his hand on the small of your back for a brief moment before making his way into the living room.