paint me a picture

you're sitting at the table coloring with one of the little girls from the Kim family, saying that her drawing of her pet dog should belong in a museum. dokyeom and some of the other members got invited to come on this popular show where they hang out with some local little kids, who are often times the kids of fans. it's a cute concept, and the guys are ecstatic to be here, having always wanted to be invited. they were told they could invite some people along to hang out, as there were lots of kids and multiple families this time, and your boyfriend invited you in a heartbeat. you weren't really going to be on the show, of course, but you were all gathered in one room getting to know the kids and letting them loosen up before filming. 

you found it adorable how excited dokyeom was, going on and on about his ideas he has for games to play with the kids, his eyes lighting up as he talked about it the whole car ride here. he is sat across the table from you, a few seats down with a cute little boy, trying to complete some sort of puzzle. you catch his eyes every once in a while, looking up to find that he was already looking at you. no matter how many times this happens, your face still gets flushed with heat to your cheeks, giving away your amusement. 

you feel the little girl tap your shoulder, pointing down at her drawing. you look away from your boyfriend, your eyes meeting the piece of paper she's scribbling on. 

"look!" she says excitedly, "it's you and dokyeom" she smiles. the picture portrays two stick figures, one seemingly much taller than the other, a microphone drawn into his hand. you stand next to him with a big smile on your face, and a pink heart drawn in the middle. your heart almost can't even take it, a huge smile much similar to the one she drew plastered on your face as you take it in.

"i think that's your best one yet" you smile at her, giving her a small high five. "i love it!!" you say honestly. you poke her cheek, making her burst into a fit of giggles. you giggle back at her as your voices fill up the room. dokyeom looks over at you after hearing the precious laugh he loves oh so much. he smiles as he watches you banter with the little girl next to you, thinking to himself how you could possibly get any more perfect. 

he always knew you were good with kids, but inviting you here today only proved it. he couldn't take his eyes off of you the whole time, seeing how the girl lit up every time you spoke to her, praising her art and making her laugh at every chance. he got lost in you as the corner of your eyes crinkled with each genuine smile, your nose scrunching in the way that he adores so much. he didn't think he could possibly love you any more. as he's adoring you, you look up at him, excitedly wanting to show the picture to him.

"babe!" you say giddily, picking up the picture. you didn't even have to call for him, as you notice his attention already fully on you. "look what she drew, its us" you smile, showing him from across the table.

he smiles wide, more at you rather than the drawing. although he thinks its adorable, the way you love it is even more fascinating. he tells the little girl that its amazing, and he loves it too, reaching over to give her a fist bump. while his hand is already over at your side of the table, he stops briefly to hold yours, intertwining your fingers with his briefly. he has no reason besides wanting some sort of contact, as he's filled with so much adoration and love and has no idea what to even do with it. 

you smile at him sweetly, giving his hand a squeeze before he releases it. as you continue coloring for a couple more minutes, you notice him get up from the table and leave the room. you don't think much of it, but you feel a text buzz on your phone once he's gone.

dokey 🌞: god i want to kiss you so bad right now it's driving me crazy. you look so fucking cute over there. get out here 🥺

as you read it you have to bite your lip to stop your lips from curving up into the biggest smile in the world, feeling the butterflies in your stomach irrupt into sporadic flight. your feet almost can't get up fast enough as you turn to the little girl and excuse yourself, telling her you'll be right back.

you walk out of the room, looking around for dokyeom. there isn't anyone in sight as you walk down the hallway. you're rounding a corner when you feel someone lightly grab your hand, hearing a familiar voice say,

"baby" making you turn towards the culprit. he pulls you into him until you're flush against his body. he wraps his hands around your hips as you bring your hands up and around his neck. he doesn't speak another word as he leans in and kisses your lips. it feels like the first time all over again, as your the blood from your head starts to rush to your heart, making it beat a mile a minute. the butterflies in your stomach don't let up, and suddenly you are just as giddy as you were the first time you ever laid your eyes on him. 

after both of you run out of air, he smirks into your lips before pulling away, leaving you standing there smiling like a fool. he brushes his hand over your head, smoothing down your hair as he looks into your eyes. while you're still close to him he brings you in for a hug, rocking you back and forth. you don't know where all of this is coming from, but you don't care at all. you relax into his arms, laying your head down on his chest. his heart is also beating a mile a minute, and you giggle as you listen to its echo.

at the sound of your giggle he leans back a little, looking at you with a raised eyebrow, wondering what you're laughing at. you decide to keep the mystery, and raise your head as he states,

"i fall more in love with you every single day", almost in a whisper, sounding astonished at the realization. 

you can't explain it, but you feel like crying. his words seep deep into your soul, a soul that didn't know it was possible to love and be loved like this. as you stare into his eyes, seeing the whole universe staring back at you, a tear does indeed fall. he pouts, thinking that you're so damn cute when you happy cry. 

he kisses your forehead, "i didn't mean to make you cry, honey" he says.

you shake your head, taking his hand and holding it against your chest. you place it on your heart, saying "do you feel how fast my heart is beating right now?". 

he pauses for a moment, feeling your heart beat against his hand, in awe of the effect he has on you, as its the same effect you have on him. he nods happily, smiling at you as he brings your hand up to his face and kisses it softly.

"where is all of this coming from?" you ask, laughing at the absurdity of the fact that 5 minutes ago you were coloring and now you are in the hallway with your boyfriend crying like an idiot. 

"you are just so good in there with the kids and i just kept watching you and i swear i lost my breath a few times. you couldn't be more perfect even if you tried" he rambles on, getting a little shy at his confession and looking away, out into the hallway behind you.

you bring your hand up to his cheek and turn his head back towards you, kissing him passionately. 

there isn't even a word in existence to describe how much you love this man, but love will have to do. "YOU are perfect. i thank the universe for you everyday. i love you, kyeom" you say, not expecting to ever get this cliche, but nothing else exists when you're with him. theres no shame, you just say what you feel. he needs to hear it, and he deserves to hear it every single day. 

butterflies irrupt in his stomach now, flying around with no seen future of landing.

when the day is over you take the little girls drawing home with you, and hang it on the fridge. a pretty picture of the two of you, and your love captured through the innocent lens of a 6 year old.