sightseeing

you are walking through the streets of new york city with dokyeom, who has a camera wrapped around his neck, capturing every single thing he finds worthy. of course, this meant that more than half of the pictures were just of you posed in various locations. his favorite thing to look at though the viewfinder was you, saying that you 'make all the sights look better'. he holds your hand, aimlessly leading you down different avenues, neither of you having a clue as to where the hell you're going. 

his oversized flannel blows behind him as he walks ahead of you, taking quick strides through the park trying to find the perfect tree to capture. you smile to yourself at the sight of him, using your brain to mentally capture this moment instead of the camera. 

"baby" you say, grabbing his attention. he turns around, camera in hand, his fluffed hair falling in front of his eyes. he looks at you with curious eyes, humming a "hmm?"

he has always loved that pet name, loving how it so effortlessly rolls off of your lips. he stands in the middle of the path looking at you, having to blink a few times to remind himself that you're real. he has always wanted to take you to this city, telling you over and over again how much you would love it. he snaps out of his daze, 

"how about this one here?" you ask, pointing to a tree next to you guys.

he looks over at it, seemingly approving of its camera worth. "good eye, love" he says, smiling at you. 

he turns to the side and aims the camera at the tree, trying different angles before settling upon his favorite. his side profile is something you'll never get tired of; his sharp jawline and his perfect nose, sitting right above his soft lips. his hair is swopped perfectly to the side, shining in the sunlight. you take your phone out of your pocket and snap a photo of him, wanting to keep it forever. he's so focused on the viewfinder, his eyelids low and his mouth closed tight, messing with the settings. you don't think you've ever seen someone more lovely. you send the picture to him quickly before putting your phone away, knowing he would like it too.

 you send the picture to him quickly before putting your phone away, knowing he would like it too

once he's satisfied with his work he puts the camera back down, letting it rest on his chest. he turns his attention to you, holding out his hand for you to hold. you gladly take it as he intertwines them, swinging your hands back and forth as you walk. you look like one of those sickening tourist couples, and yet you feel no shame. 

"love you" he says, looking over at you, the sudden autumn breeze making you shiver. 

he chuckles, letting go of your hand to wrap his arm around your shoulders instead, pulling you into his side. you immediately feel warmer, snuggling into him.

"i love you too" you answer, smiling up at him from your cozy spot. he leaves a gentle kiss on your forehead. 

"i need coffee right now or i'm going to die" he states, matter of factly. 

"okay drama queen" i joke, bumping into his hip. "lets go get some".

you walk until you find a cute little cafe, both of you now needing the caffeine and the warmth from the drink. you order and then find a table to sit at outside. you watch as your boyfriend slumps down into his seat, exhausted from all his photography work. you giggle at him, finding it cute how focused he was on it all day. you knew he would crash eventually. he lays his arms down on the table and bends down to rest his head. his eyes flutter closed, relaxing into his makeshift pillow. he knows you're looking at him, because he knows the familiar feeling of your fond stare. he smiles in his 'sleep', making you smile back at him, running your fingers through his hair. 

your phone buzzes, making you pull it out of your pocket to see who it is. you see a text from mingyu in the big group chat:

what are you losers doing? you've been gone all day we miss you, i think hoshi's gonna start crying

you giggle at the text, as you can really picture hoshi doing that. you snap a quick picture of dokyeom, sending it in the chat along with the text:

someone can't hang🙄

not the daily dokyeom crash, seungkwan texts back

wake his ass up, we wanna go to dinner !! , mingyu responds. he sends you a time and an address, and food does sound really good right now. 

"honey" you say softly, placing your hand on his neck to get him up. you rub up and down a few times, playing with the hairs on the nape of his neck. he slowly opens his eyes, groggily looking around until his eyes meet yours. 

"hmmm" he hums, gaining awareness of his surroundings again and stretching a bit.

"did you really fall asleep?" you laugh at him, astonished at his ability to do that anywhere.

"maybe?" he mumbles, shrugging with a guilty look on his face, smiling at me. 

"we gotta get going soon, everyone wants to meet up for dinner" you say, rubbing his arm as you help him wake up a little more. 

he nods, humming a "okay", before taking a big sip of his coffee. 

"hug?" he asks, still evidently sleepy but trying hard to stay awake.

you smile at him, "of course baby", standing up with him to give him a big hug, rubbing your hands up and down his back. after he's satisfied with the cuddle, you guys start walking towards the restaurant, making random small talk. 

"i miss hoshi" he says out of the blue. 

you laugh at him, knowing that he hasn't even read any of the texts in the group chat yet. looks like you have some competition, you think to yourself, smiling at their brotherly bond. 

"he misses you too" you console him, linking your arm with his and walking into the restaurant.