bitter

Y/N POV:

god, i can't stand her. eun-ji this, eun-ji that. i swear she's all over the place. everybody is obsessed with her, everybody except me. you know, to be honest i don't see what's so special about her, there must be something i'm missing. i sit in the corner of the practice room, my knees pulled up to my chest, and hood on. i'm basically invisible while she's in the room. dk told me to tag along to practice today, an offer i gladly accepted. i could watch him dance all day and never grow tired of it. something that i was not prepared for was meeting eun-ji, one of the new choreographers.

sure, she was nice to my face when we introduced ourselves, but i didn't trust her. she's been here for almost 2 weeks, and all i've heard are constant stirrings that she has a thing for my boyfriend. i mean really? theres 13 of them and you had to choose mine? he is literally the only one with a girlfriend, that doesn't bode well for her. she captivates everyone in the room when she speaks, an ability i have always wished i had, but desperately lack. along with everyone else, dokyeom has been talking to her left and right. i've been sitting her quietly, only savoring the few interactions i have with him.

the thing i love about him the most is his undeniable kindness, whom he gives to everyone for worse or for better. he welcomes everyone with open arms, and sometimes is too sweet for his own good. this girl is flirting with him, so blatantly obviously. following on the path of his kindness, he is nothing but sweet back. i don't even think the poor boy realizes that she's into him, bless his heart. its tearing away at me watching him hit it off with her, knowing she thinks he's flirting back. sometimes i have to convince myself this is only what's happening, because i couldn't handle it if it was real to him.

nonetheless, i'm upset. i wish i wasn't dragged here just to be ignored. he's my ride home, or else i would have left by now. when they finally finish up, everyone disperses back to their cars, respectively going home for the night. i get in the car, put my seatbelt on, and turn my body towards the window. i don't say a word the whole car ride, only humming nonchalantly in response when he tries to speak. i can't believe he hasn't even tried to apologize for how the night went.

we pull into the parking lot of our apartment, and he puts the car in park. i reach for the car door handle, but he stops me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"can you please tell me what's going on? you were perfectly fine earlier and now i feel like i did something wrong" he speaks up, a hint of anger and frustration in his tone, confused by my sudden attitude.

i look away from him and continue opening the door. "i'm tired" i mumble, stepping out of the car. he quickly gets out, following me into the house.

"what the hell did i do, y/n? i don't understand" he huffs, tossing the keys onto the kitchen table.

"oh so now you want to care about my feelings? after you spent all day ignoring me and flirting around with eun-ji?" i snap. i don't need to be so harsh, but i'm exhausted and upset and my decisions are rash. i speak without thinking.

"oh come on. you need to pull yourself together, y'n. you know better than that" is all he replies, sending me into a flight of anger. i throw my bag onto the couch and storm up to the bedroom, closing the door roughly behind me.

i'm pissed off, feeling like he didn't have to use that tone with me. all i wanted was an apology, not this. i feel much worse now. i lay on my side of the bed, curling up into a ball. all i have left in me is to cry, so i cry. i cry until the tears soak my hoodie, changing the color. half an hour goes by, and i'm still alone in the room. i close my eyes in exhaustion, opening them to find that it's been an hour now. but theres no way i'm making the first move to apologize, even if i am acting like an asshole. i just can't believe he can't see that he really hurt me.

as i'm lost in my thoughts, staring at the wall in front of me, i hear the door creak open. the bed dips on the other side as he sits down. he reaches over, trying to rest his hand on my cheek. i turn my head, making it impossible for him. i hear him sigh. he scoots closer to me, touching my arm. he continues to get closer, wrapping an arm under my waist, pulling me into him. i try to get away, fighting to still be mad at him. he doesn't give up. once i'm pressed against his chest firmly he says softly,

"please stop trying to get away from me baby. just let me hold you", the sadness and stress radiating of his voice.

"i don't want you to go to bed mad" he whispers, nuzzling his face into my hair. it was something his mom taught him, and something he's lived by ever since. he keeps his grip on me firm, afraid i'll slip away at any moment.

this is when he notices my face is wet with tears, his heart breaking even more. he wipes them away, frowning as if he just broke the most precious thing in the world. he didn't mean to make his baby cry. he hates seeing me cry. "i'm so sorry i made you cry baby". he gently slides his hand under my shirt, rubbing small circles on my bare stomach, something he knows i love.

"what can i do for you to forgive me, sweetheart?" he asks, hoping for an answer. he knows he messed up, and he knows he shouldn't have spoken to me like that. he wasn't flirting with eun-ji, but after the hour of self reflection he saw my side of the story. accepting it now, i know i messed up too. i overreacted, getting too caught up in my feelings. i have always sucked at apologies, never really being able to talk about my true feelings.

"i'm sorry" is all i mutter out, the first words spoken since the fight. it isn't much, but i say it with every ounce of sincerity. dokyeom takes it for what it is, knowing i mean it. i turn around in his arms, facing him. i wrap my arms around his waist tightly and burry my head into his chest, hoping to hug away everything that happened. i smell his cologne as it engulfs me, making me feel safe and sound, like nothing could get to me.

"just stay with me please" i whisper, barely loud enough for him to hear, but he hears me. he cups my cheek, making me look up at him. its the first eye contact we've made since he's come in here, sorry written all over both of our faces.

"of course i'll stay with you baby" he speaks, gracefully kissing my forehead. and thats all he says, guiding my head back into his chest, as we stay in this position for the rest of the night, never letting each other go.