like ocean waves

Y/N POV:

"babeeee hurry up! we have to go now!" i hear my boyfriend yell from downstairs.

we're going to the beach today with a few friends while the band has a day off here in the states. i've been deciding on a bikini and a cover up for 20 minutes now, being really picky about what to wear. i hate all the options and am feeling really insecure today. i want to have a good time and enjoy the beach, but my insecurities always seem to get in the way.

"i know i know, i'll be down in a minute!" i call back. i continue to look myself in the mirror, debating on changing yet another time. before i can even reach for the new bathing suit dk knocks on the bathroom door lightly before opening it.

"i'm sorry, i can't decide what to wear. i don't like any of them" i sigh, frustrated at myself that this is getting in the way of the day.

he frowns and takes a look at me before walking over to me and placing his hands on my hips, "i don't see what's wrong with this one. you look.. well perfect, baby". he closes the gap between us, kissing me sweetly.

"thank you" i say shyly. i guess i'll just have to go with this one and get over it. i still need something to wear over it until we get there. i look around and see one of dk's shirts thrown on the counter. it seems like the best, most covering option right now.

"i'm stealing this" i state matter of factly, moving past him to put on the shirt.

"yes ma'am" he chuckles at me, clearly having no choice in the situation.

i throw on a pair of denim shorts quickly and we finally head out the door. he's been really insisting on driving since we've been here, because he finds it fun and doesn't get to do it much back home. i love it too, because he looks damn attractive behind a wheel. i will gladly just be the passenger princess. it consists of a lot of staring at him until he looks over at me, and smirks once he catches me.

"what?" he asks, knowing damn well 'what'. he keeps one hand on the wheel while placing the other on my thigh. his hand is so big it basically can grip my whole leg. i put my hand on top of his and reply with my usual,

"nothin" and a shoulder shrug with a smile. he just shakes his head at me, paired with his infamous smug smile. i play with his fingers as he keeps his hand on my thigh, and sing along to the music i queued. every once in a while i feel him looking over at me too, but i pretend i don't notice, and continue to look out the window. he brings my hand up to his face and kisses it softly as we pull into a parking spot at the beach.

we finally find where everyone is set up after hiking for what felt like forever on the hot sand. they all complain that they are boiling up from the sun and think it's time to go swimming. everybody starts to get up, throwing their clothes off and running to the ocean. well damn, this is happening fast. i thought i could manage to spend more than half the time in my big t-shirt and hiding away. i just stand there as the group dwindles down one by one. dk takes his shirt off and throws it onto one of the chairs, leaving him in just swim trunks. his toned abs are glistening from the sun, and i know i'll look so unattractive compared to him.

"come on baby, i'm not going in there without you" he whines, tugging at my hand. i ruffle his hair, fixing it from when he took his shirt off.

"go on, i'll be there in a minute" i say, giving him a convincing smile. he reluctantly lets go of my hand and runs to meet everyone else in the water. i really did think about going in, but couldn't work up the courage. no surprise here. i watch him for a while as he laughs along with all our friends. i would choose this over a movie any day, he's captivating. i decide to bask in the sun and sit down on one of the chairs with my sunnies, closing my eyes.