fighting

Y/N POV:

my boyfriend and i get into a bit of a fight last night. i'm about to start my period and i'm pms-ing like a bitch. i try to control my emotions but sometimes it's just too hard. dk had promised me a movie night, but last minute he went out with mingyu, vernon, and a few of their girl friends. one of those girl friends happens to be someone who i don't particularly like, and who i know for a fact has a crush on dk. i don't trust her.

this on top of the pms really set me off, and when he got home i started the fight. i feel really stupid about it now, knowing i was just being jealous for no reason. i know he loves me, and i trust him. i just really was excited for us to spend some time together and watch a movie. he had been at work a ton this week and i missed him.

the night ended with him saying he would give me some space for the night. he sighed, clearly looking defeated, and went downstairs. i went to bed crying, thinking he hated me. he slept on the couch. he's never done that before.

this morning when i wake up i hesitantly make my way downstairs, but he isn't anywhere to be found. i frown, hating what i've done and regretting it now. i groan and lean my head in my hands, kicking the kitchen counter.

*ding* my phone lights up with a text.

seungkwan: 4 pm today!!! don't forget idiots!!

jun: i'm not an idiot, idiot

oh shit, i forgot about this. we were all getting together tonight to listen to their new album before it releases officially. this means i'll have to see dokyeom. of course i could just skip, but that would be wrong. and i can't run away from my problems. these are also my best friends and i wouldn't miss it for the world. dk never responds to the group text, only raising my anxiety levels higher.

4 pm rolls around with no sign of dk, so i head to the gathering alone. when i walk in everyone is already there. i plop my shoes off and take a deep breath. i join them on the couches as they set up the speakers for the music. i sit between jun and hoshi, thinking it's a safe bet. we start talking about random things, but i can't stop glancing over at dk. he catches my gaze, and gives me a soft smile. i don't know what exactly to make of it, but it can't be a bad sign.

we all get up to get some drinks from the kitchen. i stand up and wait behind mingyu, as quite a crowd has formed. dk appears next to me as the line starts moving forward. i stay still, wanting to let him go in front of me. but he places his hand gently on my back, saying "after you", softly pushing me forward with a smile. i feel my nerves calming down a bit, having missed his sweet affections.

once we are all back in the living room we start listening to the album, and we are 5 songs in when they decide to take an intermission, aka, everyone is hungry. they are returning to the room in groups with slices of pizza. dk and i haven't started up another conversation, and it feels like he's waiting for me to do so. i guess it's now or never.

"dokyeom?" i ask from across the room, and i think too quietly for him to hear at first. i expect to have to say it again, meaning i'll probably chicken out.

he looks up immediately though, putting his plate down. "hmm, what's up, baby?" he asks, giving me his full attention.

baby. that's another good sign.

"can i talk to you?" i ask him nervously.

"yeah, of course" he says, standing up from his spot. i get up too and we walk out of the noisy room and into the bedroom.

he closes the door behind him and sits down on the bed. i stay standing up, ready to escape if i make a fool of myself.

"what did you want to talk about?" he asks me, looking up at me.

"are you mad at me? do you hate me?" i blurt out, being serious.

his eyebrows furrow, looking upset. "no, i'm not mad at you baby. and i certainly don't hate you" he says. i just nod and anxiously bite my lip, still feeling like i ruined things.

"hey, come here" he says, extending out his hand for me to take it. i take his hand and he slowly pulls me closer to him. he positions me so that i'm standing in between his legs while he sits on the bed. he puts his hands on my arms, rubbing up and down.

"i really am not mad at you baby girl. i promise. there's no reason for me to be mad" he says.

"i was a jerk to you last night and i'm so sorry. i let jealousy get the best of me and i took it out on you for no reason" i say, looking down.

"i shouldn't have cancelled our movie night. i really am sorry about that. i would have much rather stayed home with you. it was a stupid decision."

"you slept on the couch" i say, frowning and remembering how much i hated it.

he places his hands on my hips and rubs one hand up and down on the small of my back.
"i thought it would be better to let you have your space for the night, you seemed really upset with me and i didn't want to make it worse."

"i wasn't even mad at you, i can see that now. i always just let that girl bother me. she's so all over you dk. she doesn't even care that i exist" i ramble honestly.

he sighs "i know baby. it makes me uncomfortable too. you know she's more mingyus friend than mine, and i have to be nice. i need you to trust me, though. i don't want her. i have you. i love you" he tells me. he pulls me down so that i'm sitting on his leg. he brushes some hair behind my ear.

"i love you too. i do trust you, i really do. i'm sorry sometimes i act stupid and make you think that i don't." i pause.

"why did you leave this morning before i even woke up?" i ask, curious.

he chuckles, "oh yeah, that" he gently placed me on the bed and says "don't move a muscle, i'll be right back!!" and with that he swiftly walks out the bedroom door.

when he returns he's carrying something in his hands. "i went out and got you this, but by the time i was going to come back it was about to be 4, so i thought i would just give it to you here". he smiles.

he holds out a bouquet of flowers, gorgeous red and pink roses. in his other hand he has my favorite snacks, kit kats and a bag of chips. before i even know it my stupid pms emotions are getting the best of me again. i start crying, just crying at the fact that he's the sweetest boy on the planet and i don't deserve him.

"oh, baby, i'm sorry i didn't mean to make you cry", he says, pouting. he places the gifts on the bed and brings me in for a hug. i melt into his body, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. he squeezes me back, and rocks back and forth.

"i just love you so much. i acted like an asshole and you got me kit kats" i say, letting out a sob.

he chuckles softly, finding me cute.

"well i know kit kats are the way to your heart" he says, kissing my forehead.

"let's never fight again" i say, crossing my arms attempting to look serious.

he smiles at me and puts my hood on my head,
"deal, cutie"