44 🥀 Epilogue pt.3 (Scarlett and Max)

"Mommy can you please do my hair in pigtails?" Claudia asks me and I nod gladly doing just that

"Give me my stuff back or I'm gonna strangle you." I hear Christian say and I roll my eyes knowing that they are arguing over something ridiculous.

"You wanna go deal with this?" I ask my husband and he nods and goes over to the boys and pulls them apart by their shirts and Claudia laughs and I laugh too cause this is classic.

" Stop fighting over a piece of bacon." He says and I laugh louder and he puts them down and they say sorry to each other and pout and soak when Claudia takes the last piece of bacon and eats it.

"Really." Beau says with disbelief on his face as he looks at his little sister and Max and me laugh.

"This bacon is good." She says and we laugh so hard we can't breath at this point.

"Alright kids let's get to school now." I say and the kids get up and grab their bags and I grab my purse and we leave.

Max is driving and I look in the review mirror to see the boys awake and ready but Claudia is asleep.

That's not shocking at all.

Let me tell you what has happen over the last few years.

After college Max and I moved back to Chicago, Max became a doctor and I have my own company, and when our careers were going good Max proposed to me in Rome and not to long after I got pregnant with our first child Christian, then we got pregnant with our second child Beau, and I later got pregnant with our youngest Claudia.

Christian is 7, Beau is 6, and Claudia is 5.

Once we get to school we walked each kid to their class and headed back to the car.

"I love you Princess." He says and I smile at the butterflies he gives me.

"I love you too." I say and kiss him.

I love them with my whole heart.

------Author's note------

I love the Duke family!

Avah
Words: 356