"That's terrible." Zadhea sighed. "I feel bad now. I acted like a bully."

"I was honestly shocked," Evelyn blurted out. "Didn't you say you wouldn't pay attention to her?"

"She's the one who made a move first. Now I think about it, I should have said hi. Instead, I acted arrogant and... Ugh! How stupid I am." Zadhea pinched the place between her eyebrows.

"I'm actually amused not only because of your actions but also because of Stewina's actions." Evelyn wrinkled her forehead. "She's not the female lead I know."

"It has been many years. It makes sense that you can't remember her character." Zadhea consoled her.

"No!" Evelyn refused to believe it. "There's something wrong with her. She never claimed her sufferings to anyone. In the book, she opened up to the male lead after their marriage. Trust me, even after their first child."

"What?" Zadhea couldn't believe her ears. "When I acted like a jerk, she told me how much she got tortured."

"That's the point." Evelyn snapped her fingers. "She never said such things because she thought she wasn't worthy of others' sympathy. She always thought of herself as a maid. Even after becoming the queen, it took a lot of time for her to accept her fortune."

"Wow! Does it mean apart from Mimosa, there's another bully in her life?"

"Yep." Evelyn nodded. "It's her mistress. A duchess. I can't remember the name though."

"I see." Zadhea sighed. "What should I do? Should I continue acting like a villainess?"

Evelyn shook her head. "Don't do that."

"Then what can I do? That stinky prince... He bothers me."

"Heidith?"

"Yeah. I don't wanna be narcissistic but... I think he..." Zadhea didn't know how to tell her. "I think he..."

"Tell me," Evelyn encouraged her. "I won't judge you or him. Just tell me what's bothering you."

"I think he kinda likes me," Zadhea blurted out too fast like an express train.

"What?" Evelyn hid the smile that was about to escape through her lips. "You are indeed being narcissistic. Heidith doesn't like you, rest assured. In the novel, he also tried hard to befriend with Mimosa, thinking that she might allow him to be with Dreva. He didn't know she bullied her. He just wanted to be nice to her so that she wouldn't feel hurt."

"That doesn't make sense at all." Zadhea frowned. "Are you for real? Was he so dumb like that? Didn't he know that if he acted nice to her, she would come to a conclusion that he liked her? The hell! How crazy!?" She felt disappointed at him. She thought he was an intelligent person. Seemed like he was hella dumb.

Evelyn nodded. "So he's doing it again. Don't mind it if he bothers you. He just wants to be nice to you so that you'll accept it if he's to cancel the engagement."

Zadhea exhaled a loud breath. "Should I make it clear to him? That I don't mind him cancelling our engagement?"

"Don't!" Evelyn gasped. "It will hurt his pride. Don't you know men are weird creatures? They love it when girls play trying hard to get. You just need to be his friend as he likes. When he falls deeper in love with Stewina, he'll cancel it himself."

"I see." Zadhea nodded understandingly. "I still don't want to be his friend though. As a safety precaution of course."

Evelyn hid the unhappiness she was feeling. Why is she so difficult? I'm trying hard to set you guys up by lying shamelessly, brother-in-law. But your wife isn't buying it. Aaaah! What can I do? I'm helpless...