Chapter 93 - A Request: Ninja Club

Start from the beginning

"HUWAH?!" The tall girl immediately panics.

"Argh! Don't panic, Tsukuyo!" The small girl shouts. "How many times do I have to tell you?! Rule two of being a ninja!"

"Oh! I-I know!" The tall girl, Tsukuyo says.

"A ninja never gives up, no matter the adversity!" The small one proclaims. "Tsukuyo! Time for our special two-person ambush, you and me! Right here, right now!"

"Wh-What? Right now?" The purplette asks.

"Yes, right now!" The small one repeats.

"You two can try." I challenge.

"EEK?!" Tsukuyo shrieks, recoiling in fear.

BAM

Just then, the grate of the vent above us is broken off, falling to the floor. From the small vent, comes Izuna, landing clean on her feet. How did she even fit in something that small. Hang on... Izuna's last name is Kuda... Is she a guda kitsune?

"Never fear! Izuna is here!" The fox girl chirps.

"Izuna...?" Tsukuyo asks. I knew it, they're her pals.

"Izuna made her way here as quickly as her ninja legs could carry her, Aruji-dono!" Izuna says. "C-Could it be what Izuna heard was a cry for help?"

"Not from me." I grin, pointing towards the other two.

"...Eh?" The brunette blinks.

"Why'd you pop out like that, Izuna?! That wasn't part of the plan!" The small one shouts.

"B-B-But... President!" My ninja whines. "Izuna heard her lord's pleading cries, and her body acted on it's own! L-Like a true ninja!"

I smile. "Again, that wasn't me."

"It's not that I don't understand your motives, but..." The small one trails off.

"Y-You know, the way Izuna rushed over without a second thought..." The tall one trails off, before smiling. "She looked so valiant!"

Izuna giggles, a smile on her face. "Izuna thanks you for the compliment, dear Tsukuyo!" She says, theatrically, causing the tall girl to chuckle awkwardly.

BAM

"""AHH!""" The three ninjas jump in fright as the door slams open.

"Anata-sama! We have intruders in-!" Wakamo, mask on and gun at the ready, stops herself upon seeing the cowering trio. "Ah, you found them already. As expected."

"Tha-Tha-Tha-Thaaaa...!" The small ninja stutters. Tsukuyo is just muttering nonsense, equally afraid.

"Hm? Why are you two so scared?" Izuna asks, innocently.

"Izuna! That's the friggin' Fox of Calamity!" The small one whisper-shouts, grabbing Izuna by the collar.

I sigh. "They ain't intruders, Wakamo. They're Izuna's friends."

"Heh?" Wakamo asks, lowering her gun. "Izuna...?"

"Izuna is Aruji-dono's personal ninja!" The brunette fox introduces, fearlessly, popping over next to me. "And she will do her best to keep him safe!"

"Hoh?" The blackette fox challenges, her voice lowering. "You wish to protect, Anata, tiny fox?"

"I-I do! It's Izuna's duty to her lord as his ninja!" Izuna proclaims, slightly intimidated.

Wakamo 'stares' Izuna down from behind her mask for a long while, the other two ninjas still panicking behind me. After a long, tense moment, Wakamo lets out a small chuckle.