48

We both cut the cake, using our hands as one to guide the knife

We both cut the cake, using our hands as one to guide the knife. Of course, Madi smears my nose with the cream. She draws a heart on the bridge of my nose. I trace the same shape onto her cheek. We barely eat any of the dessert. Although there are endless sweets and custards. I expected my bunny to gorge on the goodies, but she must be controlling the urge.

"ETA 30 minutes for the garter removal and toss." Velma updates us.

Mrs. Harrison and I go on smashing buttercream frosting on each other faces. Like toddlers. The photos are surely online within seconds due to the live streaming. I wonder if the internet broke yet.

MADISON

I lick frosting from my thumb. I take in Jace's smeared face. I don't have a camera on me, so I take a mental screenshot to store in my mind. Hopefully, my concentration is strong enough to save the sight of him all dirtied up by cake. He's usually so clean. It's new seeing him this imperfect. The world must be thinking the same. They've always seen a strict and reserved version of him. I'm glad I got my husband to break character.

The waiters carve pieces of the unbelievable cake and serve it with custard to the guests. The 30 minutes fly by. Everyone retires to the dance floor, which is on the opposite side of the castle tent. I swear, I need to measure the entire circumference. It has to be 10k square feet. Maybe more.

The band performs sexy jazz. A simmering saxophone, bass, and drum jam session. The room dims, only leaving a large spotlight which engulfs the middle of the floor. This needs no announcing to the audience. There's a single chair for me to sit in while my husband remove the garter from my thigh. I hope he makes it quick. This is the part I wished I could skip, but it's mandatory. I swallow my shyness and go to the seat.

The crowd whoops and catcalls as I sit. My cheeks torch. I'm so tempted to cover my eyes from the bashfulness. Of course Jace brings swagger to undressing my leg. He isn't quick. He builds up the anticipation of removal by holding my leg, slowly raising the hem of my dress, and smooching his way up.

I actually cover my face and die in silence, since crying would be too dramatic. The sassy cheering continues. My lovebug only uses his lips. His cushiony lips sizzle every inch of my skin. My cells combust. He has a way of hacking every nerve in my body. I keep my hands over my face to avoid being horny in front of billions. I'm so relieved when the crocheted garter slips down my leg. My hubby uses his teeth to clutch it. I feel safe to reveal my face now. Jace tosses it into the roaring crowd. The men dive for it.

It's so cringy! Although I guess it's their version of the bouquet toss. It symbolizes their luck to marry. I can't see who was the winner. There are too many bodies. My love helps me from the chair. He cracks up at my flushed face. I shove him and snort.

"Introducing the father daughter dance." Velma announces.

Dad and I meet at the middle of the dance floor. I rub the back of my neck. "You didn't see that."