45

I get a new message from my Fiancé:

There's an earpiece on the table, Velma commands you to put it on.

Me: Of course she does.

I go to the table to place the wrap around piece over my earlobe. It must be skin charged because it powers on with a beep. I didn't turn it on. "Great, you're on the feed. Remember to take one pace every 3 seconds. Don't go too fast."

"Copy."

"You're on in 4 minutes."

The piano cover scales to a lovely end. A peaceful, breathtaking coda. Is there an orchestra outside? I pick out an array of violins amping up for a cover of How Long Will I Love You. Jace did say there's a live band.  

I glance into the mirror. The back of my dress is cut out in a perfect oval. The lace on my tan skin reminds me of snowflakes. I gussy up in the mirror. Applying more lipstick and mascara. When I feel acceptable enough, I slip into my gown. The dress fits like a glove due to the shapewear I have on. The strapless bra scoops my tiny breast into a heart shape. I give one last sweeping look to my unbelievable reflection before I pick up the bouquet. Peach and cream.

Dad comes into the tent. It's crazy how fast his eyes redden at the sight of me. His princess looks the part down to the tiara and glass slippers. He gives me a wobbly grin. Getting emotional. I wipe the corner of my eyes to fend off the waterworks. "Dad, please, I can't cry."

"I'm sorry...you just look so beautiful. Jace is a lucky man."

"No, I'm lucky." I stubbornly shake my head. "It's all so crazy...sometimes I think I'm still in a coma." I fix my veil, it got knocked sideways a few inches from me shaking my head.

"I'm sure he feels the same." We both smile, all teary eyed.

"Madison, head out and line up!" Velma demands from my ear. I jump a little.