39

JACE

I go to the rooftop since it's the closest I can be to her

I go to the rooftop since it's the closest I can be to her. Madison chose to keep her distance for 2 days. That's why she wasn't in bed this morning...and also why her communication is lacking. She texted me once today. At least the first day is almost over. Trisha and my mom set this in place. I'm less questionable about it being a scheme.

I sit where she sat last night. The view of the forest is dead center. I wonder what she was thinking about when she was here. I know she wanted to venture the woods before. She asked one of my drones if it was safe to go in. I hope Madi doesn't try hiking by herself.

My mystery helicopter sails the cloudy sky. I watch it inch closer and closer to the roof. There's a landing pad on the opposite side. It hovers past me, slicing the air with its metal propellers. My investors and their girlfriends went on a tour of the island. Which takes a few days. Alodia is the size of a state. It's my own version of California. The craft attach to the helicopter pad. I stand, fixing my suit. I go to greet my guests. "How was the tour?"

"I underestimated the size...you should've warned us." Ren complains.

"I should've...but there are lofts throughout the entire island, so you were well accommodated."

"He's just an old man, with stiff knees. It wasn't bad." Jim roasts him. "It was a mini vacation for me and my girl." He pulls Angelica to his side.

A delusional porn star who thinks she's high class. We've all fucked her...yet she behaves as if she didn't give it up easy. She acts as if she's just an average model. Darlene is with Ren. Their personalities are similar, although she's more nonchalant than he is. I'm not sure of her background. She has no sex tapes. Amy is too sweet to be with Chester...he must have lied to her about his past. Even her chocolate hair is innocent amongst the blonde and black haired women.

"Well, welcome back, I hoped you're all situated for the ceremony."

"We are Jacy boy." Jim winks at me. I've never been certain if he's bisexual or not. All I get are mixed signals from him. I usually take his flirting as a joke, so I'm not mistaken. I can't risk asking him...as I told Madi, I'd be outed or scrutinized. Even if I asked casually...my words will backfire.

"Where's your bride to be?" Chester scans the rooftop for her.

"We're spending time apart until the wedding."

"Is something wrong?" He observes me.

"No...it's just silly superstition nonsense."

"Ah...yeah, women are brainwashed into believing in wedding myths." Ren scoffs. "All of my wives did the same thing."

"Uh oh...Jace, that might be a sign that you'll be divorced. Don't take after him...he's bad luck." Jim pokes.

Ren scowls at him. "Believe it or not, most women don't know what marriage is. They expect complete fidelity . That's not possible for us men."