32

JACE

JACE

I sail to Alodia. The boat treads the Black Sea. The moon casts glittery shadows atop it. I wonder if this is a metaphor. Or am I taking something simple and complexing it? The light prevailing within darkness speaks volumes. Does this mean the negativity will cease and allow positivity? Will life become easier? Have I made it through the rough patch? I hope so. Madi and I deserve bliss. Maybe isolating ourselves from America will bring peace? 

The Mafia situation is under control as long as everyone evades America. I'm the only one allowed to visit due to my guardian satellite. I need to scan everyone's fingerprints, so they're added to its database. I'll have to meet with NASA to discuss this. Until then, I have to focus on getting home. I have to get to her. 

We have so much to sort out. The well-being of our families. My mother's one-on-one talk. I believe our relatives will bond on the island. My mother usually keeps her word.

The wedding has to be discussed. It's now 5 days away. Most importantly, the venue. I know the perfect spot. A stone arena built into the side of a mountain. It has a dreamland view of the sea and endless space. Perfect for the ceremony. Madi told me she wants a tent involved. The reception can be held within one. A castle tent fit for a queen. I love spoiling her. 

The ship automatically anchors onto the beach. I descend and stride to the main house. My family will be here tomorrow. I'll have to tell Madi about the visit. I enter the mansion. All of the lights are off.

I have no trouble navigating. I know this palace like the back of my hand. I could walk around blindfolded. I wonder which room she's in. Mine...or a guest room? I would check each one, but there are guests here. We're not alone. It'd be rude to wake my company in the dead of night. 

I travel to the kitchen and begin climbing the back staircase. I only take a few steps. A noise stops me. The back door. It opens....someone is entering. I climb down the steps.

Every bone in my body rattles. I know it's her. I can make her out through the night's shadows, even from this distance. My little angel. My light in the darkness. She halts by the door. I swear I see her navy eyes clear as day. Can she see mine? A few moments pass. I'm skeptical if she's moved on. Has she called off the wedding? Did the meeting with her crew go wrong? Have I lost her? 

Madi steps forward little by little. There's hesitation in her movements. I sense her uncertainty. I walk her way, planning to meet her halfway. My baby jets to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and digging her face into my chest. My veins electrify. The oddest goosebumps I've ever had jolt my body. There's no magnet in the room, yet every inch of hair on my body stands. 

I lift her into a tighter hug. "We need to talk." She grabs my wrists and tug, signaling me to release her. I lower her to the floor. "Let's go for a walk."