13

Saturday morning is the best morning I've ever experienced

Saturday morning is the best morning I've ever experienced. I choose the red sweetheart dress, straight out of the 1950s, and slip into matching pumps. The rest of my clothes are packed into a suitcase by Lily and my mom. Jess touches up my hair with a blow dryer. My makeup is already done. Again, Lil works her magic; Jace won't be able to tell that I have on any foundation. Alonso escorts me out. I wave goodbye and blow fancy kisses as I leave. I never thought I would miss a jet as much as I missed home. This is where we first kissed. It's a permanent part of my life. I skip over to Jace and sit across his lap. "Good morning." 

"Good morning." His tan skin shines in his yellow suit. "Are you ready?"

"Yes."

"We're good from here, Alonso."

"Safe travels, sir." He dismounts the jet.

"Oh...Alonso isn't going with us? I thought you have bodyguards with you all the time?"

"I do...in every region."

"So French guards will be waiting for us when we land?"

"Yes." His arms wrap around me. "I love you in this dress."

"Do you?"

"Yes. Now you really are my sugar devil."

"Good." I smooch him. "So, are you going to be working the whole time? I'd hate to explore the city of love without my love."

"Don't worry; we'll have time for fun."

"I can't wait! Where will we be staying? Another high rise or house?"

"A hotel."

I bite my lip. "Wow, I feel like a fancy hooker."

"The fanciest of all. One worth 3 grand a night."

I gasp. "No way! 3 grand?"

"You deserve it."

"That's a lot...like way too much. I lived in a hotel and never paid that much...ever. I don't know. I should help pay."

"You don't have to."

"I feel like I should."

"Think of it as a gift." He pushes my hair behind my shoulders.

"Then I'll have to give you a gift."

"No...all you have to do is be with me."

"But...I don't want to be what the media thinks I am."

"Madi, you're not a gold digger. Trust me. I've dealt with loads of them. You haven't even asked for a credit card yet."

"I know...but."

"Plus, the media isn't as intrusive overseas, so you don't have to be paranoid."

I lean my head to the side. "Really?"