33

I keep up the facade

I keep up the facade. I adore how happy my lovebug is. There's a weight off of him now. Jace was worried about the chat. His instincts were right, but I'll never tell him. It isn't just my big day, it's his too. I'll do whatever possible to keep him happy. We board the helicopter. I place on a headset, waiting for Jace to do the same. He doesn't...instead he texts: 

Jace: Not around my mother.

Me: That'll make it even better 😉

I sneak a horny glance his way. He clears his throat to battle off his titillation. "Is Kim in a better mood?" He asks his mother.

"Of course she is, I talked with her. Don't worry about your sister." Meredith gazes at me. "When is the dress fitting?"

"We can do that once we're home. Us girls can make a party out of it."

"We should." The same half smile marks her mouth.

I update my crew through text:

Me: The talk went great 😊 we're heading back to do a dress fitting.

Mom: 🥳🥳🥳

Lil: 👻

Jess: Actually 2 dress fittings I'm done with your mom's 💅🏼

We're home fast. I exit with a pep in my step. On a mission. I've waited so long to slip into this dress. I'm restless and pumped up. Mrs. Harrison keeps up with my energetic stride. Jace is behind us. "I'll be gone until 8. NASA has accepted the update."

I turn to look at him. "Oh good, that's one less thing to worry about. It's best you leave; I don't trust you to keep your eyes off the dress."

He smirks. "I'll vow my trust to you if you're worried."

"You better." I kiss him. "Bye."

"Have fun."

My girls pop champagne bottles as soon as we walk inside. I giggle at their enthusiasm. Lil anchors my arm into hers. "Let's hurry, that dress is suffering without you!" I'm guided down the hall. There's an actual fitting room, complete with an elevated stage.

"I'm so glad we can start over." My mom says to Meredith. "As long as our children are happy, so are we."

"I couldn't agree more."

Lil walks me up the stage and to the back curtains. My dream dress is hanging on a rack. I twiddle my thumbs. "I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Of not looking great in it."

"Girl stop." Lil rolls her eyes. "That's what shapewear is for." She unhooks a cream slip from the racks. There's a built-in bra and compression straps across the waist and sides. There's butt-lifting undergarment as well. I think I have to loop it under my ass.