38

It seems as if everything is back to normal

It seems as if everything is back to normal. Tom somewhat fixed the issue. I'm still working out if I should accept his apology. He was out of order. I can't forgive and forget. Madison is a lot more forgiving than I am.  

Maybe I'll learn how to be the same. I've heard that couples begin to act like one another. I'm interested to see if that's true. I'd love to become more like her. I could use some of her kindheartedness and her ability to forgive. 

We all huddle at the table for dinner. We toast Romanée-Conti, the most expensive wine in the world. $558,000. We feast and mingle as all families should. Madi and Tom are getting along well. They discuss jump scares. "Eh, those don't work on me."

"Maybe because you haven't met a pro."

"Everything he says is a lie." Kim outs him. "His pranks are so juvenile."

"I got her with a tarantula...don't believe her."

"Tom is a professional prankster." My father nods. "You'd think he'd be a clown with all the money he's invested. He once created a fake shark...the size was remarkable. He had me and Meredith close to leaving Singapore."

"Wow, no way!" Madi is amused by this.

"We have something to look forward to for Halloween." Paul sniggers.

"Oh, please don't mention it." I sigh. "It'll be a living hell all day long."

"Now I'm even more excited!" My baby beams.

"I'll give you newbies the best Halloween of your lives." Tom grins devilishly.

"Or the most annoying..." I debate.

"Aww, I don't think it'll be that bad. It sounds fun." Madi rubs my leg and gently peers into my eyes. This gesture tames my irritation. I smile at her.

Trish observes our cute couple moment. "So...you two will be newly weds very soon. Is there a honeymoon destination?"

"Yeah...but it's kind of cliche." Madison cringes.

"I bet it's the City of Love since that's where Jace proposed." Lucy predicts it perfectly.

"Guilty." Madi smiles.

"Oh...you proposed in Paris?" My father queries.

"Yes."

"It was so perfect! There was this hot air balloon..." My darling romanticizes her words. I love how she gets lost in the memory.

"Oh wow! I can imagine the view so clearly! Was it nighttime?" Trish investigates.

"Yes."

"That'll be tough for his brothers to beat." Dad comments.

"Maybe for Sam...marriage isn't my forte."

"Tom is so sure he'll never settle down." Mom rolls her eyes.