52. Marriage partner

Start from the beginning

Zadhea couldn't help laughing. He looked so funny when he was angry.

"Don't worry. I think the author didn't mention you because she might've thought you would kill Heidith if you were to mention in the novel. She loved her protagonist after all. Who would let someone kill the main character like that?" Zadhea tried to console him. "Plus, this is a world filled with many people and countries. How can she write about every single character?"

Dewinn felt hurt. "You are saying... I'm not important?"

"Noooh!" Zadhea felt her head ache. "I didn't mean it that way. As I told you before, you are super talented so she cut you off to protect her poor main character. Got it?"

"Okay." Dewinn pouted his lips. "I'll trust you then."

"By the way, what's your purpose of visiting me? You didn't tell me last time too," Zadhea uttered when she finally remembered to ask.

"Shit!" Dewinn facepalmed himself. "I don't know what's happening to me whenever I'm around you. We talk about other things without entering the main topic. Last time I forgot to ask and we met eachother after such a long time but see... I forgot to ask AGAIN! Aaah, what's wrong with me?"

"So tell me," Zadhea urged him with interest.

"It's like this. I'm about to do a very powerful sorcery together with my teacher. To do that, I need one of his belongings. I meant Heidith's. Do you have something.. anything that belongs to him?"

Zadhea thought for a bit before shaking her head. "We aren't close. So I have none."

"Really?" Dewinn felt disappointed. "Then let's forget..."

"Wait!" Zadhea exclaimed as she got an idea. Taking off her engagement ring from her finger, she showed it to him. "Does it count? He put it on me on the day we got engaged."

"Lemme see." Dewinn took the ring and checked it thoroughly. He closed his eyes and mumbled something, which made the silver ring emit a green light. Zadhea watched his actions with curiosity, even forgetting to blink.

After sometime, Dewinn opened his eyes and looked at her. "This is perfect."

"Oh. Great." Zadhea felt happy. "Let's end this once and for all. Good luck, little wizard."

"Yep. Happy cooperation." Dewinn smirked as he stretched out his hand.

This time, Zadhea shook his hand with a vicious smile on her face. "Happy cooperation. Let's destroy this trashy world."

"Cheers to that."

"Should I bring some wine?"

"No, no. It's fine. I have to go back immediately. I'll return your ring later."

"No rush. Take your time."

"Okay. I'll take my leave then."

"Aye, aye. Take care."

"You too."

-------

Mishila's eyes lit up when she saw Heidith. She got out of the carriage and ran towards him, smiling brightly.

"Loveinger! You're here." She looked into his green eyes which reminded her of the heads of trees in rain forests. "I came to say goodbye to you guys."

"How thoughtful of yours," Heidith said absentmindedly.

"Why? Are you mad at me?" Mishila felt sad as she asked, thinking of what she did wrong.

Derek climbed down from his horse and approached them. Turning to Heidith, he greeted, "Good morning, your highness." Then he looked at his new sister without much interest. "Mmm."