When the first Panipuri came, I gestured her to take but instead she fed me and fuck that shit was spicy! My eyes almost became red and tounge had given up after some more but Pari seemed to enjoy it very much. Her eyes were teary too, she waved her hand near her mouth as if that would lessen the spicyness and yet kept eating those tiny little spicy shots.

"Pani?" She asked me laughingly

I panted a reply "yes!"

"Bhaiya inko Pani dedo please"

---

"What do you wanna eat next?"

"Ummm..." thinking she kept looking around and then said "here's a paav bhaji stall it's so good, we must go there" intentionally or unintentionally but this time Paridhi reached my hand and interwined our fingers and I kept smiling sheepishly at her small gesture.

We ordered our paav bhaji and sat on the table, when pari asked ".... Rishabh, if you were to be a food item what would you be?"

"What?" I scoffed at her question

"Batao na" she whined

"Hm.. maybe.. icecream?" I said it without any reasoning

"Icecream, why?" Damn now I'll have think something

"Well...Because..." Ah yes, I know what to say "because icecream is sweet, tempting, and impossible to resist and you love icecream more, so you'll love me then, right?" I know I'm not good with flirting but I know how to tease my wife.

Pari pressed her lips suppressing her smile and looked around shyly "kuch bhi" that's all she replied and I could see my tease working on her cheeks.

"What about you, if you were to be a food item what would you be?" I asked her the same question

"Me? I would be... cupcake! offering a taste of sweetness that lingers on your lips, just like the lingering joy I feel whenever I'm around you" and she winked. Fuck! This is the second time I'm cursing out and that's only because of the women siting in front of me. Whenever I mean to tease Paridhi I get teased back badly, but who's complaining?!

This time I was the one looking around hiding my flushed cheeks.

"Paav bhaji" the stall guy called out and got our plates. I could see Pari's smile with every bite she took in.

Later we decided to walk near the lake.
"Rishabh look there" Paridhi said pointing at the lightings around the lake. I took my phone out clicking her pictures, I don't ever remember clicking pictures of anything other than sky before, but past 7 months, my phone is filled with Paridhi's pictures. Her sleeping photos, her new outfit photos, her cute, angry, pouty, hot and what not, all sort of photos. No matter how much my storage runs out I'm never deleting her pictures from there.

There were many people around us, most of them were couples, some were fighting, some were holding hands, some were walking and some.. some were making out. As and when we passed certain couples, we smiled awkwardly, looking around avoiding the thin air of tension we felt. Finally we found a empty bench so we sat there.

Paridhi pulled her earphones out putting one end in my left ear and the other end in her right ear, our heads resting on eachother and the song began -

Bade achche lagte hain
Kya?
Yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina
Aur, aur tum

Bade achche lagte hain
Yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina
Aur, aur tum

Oh maajhi re, jaiyo piya ke desh
Hum tum kitne paas hain
Kitne door hain chaand sitare
Sach poochho to man ko
Jhoote lagte hain yeh saare

Hum tum kitne paas hain
Kitne door hain chaand sitare
Sach poochho to man ko Jhoote lagte hain yeh saare
Magar sachche lagte hain
Yeh dharti, yeh nadiya, yeh raina
Aur, aur tum ~

Pari held our my hand in her, getting it closer to her face, she placed a soft kiss at the back of my hand and without any words I could feel all her emotions.

_________________________________________

1st January 2024

Let's hope the New Year brings all good things, joy and success to everyone's way. Happy New Year.

This seems like a pretty good start 😚

Thank you for 10k reads, it's huge for me. I wasn't sure people would prefer a sweet and not so dramatic story like Dheerei Dheere Se, considering how much we book girlies like grey men and possessive characters. But I still wanted to bring something that I love reading the most and that's cute fluffy romance and to my surprise you guys did like it so both I'm glad and thankful! 😬