46. Fury and Sherrie

Start from the beginning

In her eyes, was he a clown? A comedy actor?

Heidith was about to pass an empty hallway when he heard someone's sneaky footsteps. His ears perked up as he listened to the sound, hiding in a dark corner like a motionless log.

The footsteps became louder and closer.

Heidith touched the handle of his sword as his Lazer like eyes aimed at the direction where the sound came from. He looked like a tiger, ready to pounce on its prey the next second. His green eyes were sharp like an eagle's.

Soon a man covering himself entirely in a black hoodie came to his view. The hoodie guy looked around as he scratched something on his small notebook from time to time.

A spy?

Heidith squinted his eyes.

The next second, he swiftly came out of his hiding place and pulled out his sword, trapping the spy between himself and the sharp edge of the blade. He didn't forget to circle his hand around the spy's waist, leaving him no room for escaping.

The spy didn't look like he was afraid of dying. He started struggling in his arms although Heidith's sword was only half an inch apart his neck.

The prince couldn't help but blurted out, "Stop moving. Do you wanna die?"

He was at the verge of losing his patience. If the spy struggled one last time, he would make up his mind to cut his neck.

However, to his greatest surprise, the spy did the unthinkable.

He passed out and fell on Heidith's chest, making the prince flabbergast. Both of them would fall to the floor if Heidith didn't hold onto a wall nearby. He subconsciously dropped his sword to the floor, trying to stabilise the spy guy.

Nevertheless, it seemed like he fell for his enemy's act because the spy swiftly pushed him aside and threw himself out of a window, colliding with the glass and shattering it into pieces.

Heidith: "..."

He gasped and ran forward to stop him. It was the top floor of a very tall building and it would be the greatest miracle if that guy managed to escape death. Let's not talk about being disfigured.

Despite his efforts, Heidith couldn't stop him on time. His hand only managed to grab a hard object on the spy's neck.

The spy's head which was covered in the black hoodie got uncovered as his golden hair came to sight. He looked at Heidith one last time with his sparkling blue eyes as he jumped out completely.

The next second, a white dragon flew towards him out of nowhere and caught the spy guy on time, preventing him from falling down.

Heidith clenched his hands as he narrowed his eyes at the white dragon and the two people riding it.

"Phew!" Dylan panted heavily. "That was a close call."

"Indeed." Lucas smirked. "You were amazing though."

"Was I?" Dylan smiled back as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. "I thought he would still catch me. My heart was about to come out of my chest. It's still beating fast." He pressed his palm on his chest.

"You like him?" Lucas raised a brow.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dylan glared at him up and down. "Idiot!"

Lucas laughed at his remark. "Aren't you saying that your heart is beating fast? That means you like this guy. Admit it." He winked at him.

"Yeah, yeah. I like Heidith." Dylan rolled his eyes. "Stupid psycho!"

"Aww! You are so cute when you're angry! Do you know that?" Lucas was enjoying the moment to bits as his face showed a wide grin wider than his shoulders.

Dylan ignored him as he touched the white dragon's neck, stroking her lovingly.

"You are impressive! Love you, baby."

"My Sherrie is always the best because her owner is the best of best." Lucas proudly raised his chin.

"Yeah, yeah." Dylan was about to look away when he felt two hands circling his waist, hugging him from behind.

He flushed red from anger as he hit Lucas's hands. "Rascal, get your filthy hands off of me!"

"No." Lucas tightened his grip and even put his chin on Dylan's shoulder, clinging onto him like a giant koala. "You are too tempting."

"My sword is more tempting than me. Wanna show you how?" Dylan asked as he touched the handle of his silver sword.

"Ha ha. But I prefer you the most."

"Why? Do you like me?"

"Yeah."

"Eww! Don't flirt with me!"

"Ha ha!"

"Shut up, both of you!" Sherrie puffed a fire ball in annoyance. "So childish!"

--------

Heidith put the necklace he accidentally snatched away from the spy into his pants pocket and closed his eyes as he inhaled a deep, long breath.

"Fury, I command you to appear before me this instant!" He yelled softly while rubbing the ruby ring on his index finger. The ring started glowing as the moon got covered from the dark figure that flew towards the prince. It was a black dragon. His eyes glittered like the ruby on Heidith's finger as he growled ferociously.

The moment he flew closer, Heidith jumped on his back and urged, "Let's go! Quickly follow that white dragon."

The black dragon squinted his eyes at the target and like an arrow, directly started chasing after Sherrie.

The trio who didn't have any idea that a black dragon was following them, flew towards the mountains.

Dylan sighed, satisfied as he looked below. "This atmosphere is suitable for a sword battle. What do you think?" He glanced at Lucas with expectation.

Lucas shrugged his shoulders. "Anything for you, my..."

"Shut up, dude or I'll push you down. Say goodbye to your poor seventeen years old life."

"This cutie is mine. She won't let you do that!"

Sherrie's mouth twitched at his words. "Why not?"

The poor boy looked down at his dragon as he pouted his lips, looking aggrieved. "Which side are you in, Sherrie? Did you forget that I'm your master?"

Sherrie huffed but said nothing.

"Here." Dylan pointed his finger at a huge but not so tall mountain. "Let's rest there for a bit."

"You meant fight?"

"Whatever."

Heidith hid behind a gigantic Banyan tree along with his dragon as he observed the scene before him. He realized that the two men were fighting intensely. He didn't know what the reason was.

Maybe they might have argued about how to divide the presents they may receive from the person who appointed them. He guessed. Anyways, it's none of my business.

His gaze fell on the white dragon who looked like it was about to sleep at any point, not paying any heed to what was happening.

Here comes the opportunity.