36. A sleepless night (Special chapter)

Start from the beginning

"I know." Margaret released herself from his embrace and looked into his light blue eyes. "Do you think I don't know? But honey, we can't let her do whatever she wants. This society is cruel to women. There are things she needs to learn as a woman. I want her to be a good queen as well as a supporting wife to her future husband. She needs to be a proper lady. It's for her own good or else, people might talk behind her back and ridicule her. I don't want such a thing! I want my daughter to be the best among other women."

Her eyes brightened with determination. "Let her hate me. I don't care! It's for her own good. One day, when she gives birth to a daughter, she will realize how tough it is to be a mother." With that, she left, stoning her heart.

Stubborn wife and stubborn daughter...

King Edwin could only shake his head. Back then, it was a good decision to have one child. If he had many, he would have died from headaches! He was tired of being the peacemaker between the mother and daughter! Ruling the kingdom wasn't as hard as handling the family affairs!!!

Zadhea sat down on the floor, hugging her knees as she leaned against the door. Her eyes were dry. She wanted to cry but no tears came out. Seemed like she had used all tears and her eyes could no longer produce more.

"Fucking system!" She cursed as her sorrow got replaced by anger. "Fucking system!! Fucking system!!!"

It had been many years. The system no longer appeared before her. It had completely disappeared from her life after locking her up in a stupid novel world!

If that system was a person, she should have killed her long ago.

"Hi, Mino-Zadhea! What's up?" She heard a cheerful voice out of nowhere.

Zadhea jumped up in fright before looking around hysterically. "Who's that?"

"Of course, the fucking system itself."

Zadhea: "..."

"Ha, you thought of visiting me after fifteen damn years!? How thoughtful of yours! Impressive, impressive!" She applaused to the system.

The system didn't realise her mockery. "Thank you, hostess. In fact, I can't show myself to you as I please. There's a way to invite me. You just used the correct words so I couldn't help coming to see you."

"Correct words?" Zadhea tilted her head. "You meant... I can invite you by saying 'fucking system'?"

"That's right."

"...Whatever." 'From now on, lemme curse you every second so you'll feel distressed just like me!'

"By the way, why did you call me?"

"Why did you do this to me? What have I done wrong? I saved a kid's life and you repaid my kindness by throwing me to a hell. Don't you feel bad?"

The system was flabbergasted. "What? You think living in riches is similar to living in hell? I can't understand you, teenager. You have become a royal princess. Do you want more? Aren't you too greedy?"

Zadhea laughed angrily. "Me? Greedy? Excuse me, dear system. You misunderstood! I don't give a shit about this damn life you have given to me! Just..."

"Wait, wait," The robotic female voice interrupted her. "You have a misunderstanding as well. I'm not the in-charge of sending you here. I'm only a system made for guiding you. I can only help you by giving advice to you whenever you want me to."

Zadhea exhaled a long breath. She also understood that yelling at the system wasn't the way to solve the problems she faced.

She had to bite the bullet and listen to whatever bullshit the female robot had to say!