35. A special person

Start from the beginning

"Hihiiin!"

The black horse's excited whinny echoed through the forest as it came running to its master, swishing its tail beautifully.

"Gosh! You scared me to death." Heidith rubbed its head with a smile on his lips. He knew that his horse wouldn't leave him alone in the forest no matter what. However, his belief was confirmed hundred percent because of the way Darcel acted bravely.

"Buddy, you are the best."

The horse neighed again as if it understood his words.

Derek looked at the one and only Nucifera they had. As for other flowers, Heidith used two for Zadhea's cake, three for his companions' cake and six for his mother's cake which was the biggest. As a result, there was only one flower left.

"We haven't tasted a Nucifera in its original form. What about doing it now?" Saying that, he was about to take a bite when he felt someone push him aside while roughly snatching the flower in his hand.

"What the hell..." Derek was about to curse that nasty person only to realize...

"Highness you..??? I-I mean... Loveinger?" 'Why does it sound weird when I spell it?'

Heidith glared at him as if Derek was a criminal. "Hopefully, I'm just in time to stop a fool."

Derek's right eye started twitching when he heard it. "Excuse me, whom did you call a fool? I'm the pri..."

"Prime minister's son I know, I know."

"..."

Others laughed at Derek's miserable state.

Derek felt angry when he saw his enemy laugh too.

"Hey, do you know whom you are laughing at?" He was about to punch Suzamine again.

"Stop it, Derek!" Heidith's voice turned dead serious. "Whom do you think you are to bully one of the prince's most trusted people? Especially a knight! Apologize to him right now!"

Derek couldn't believe what he heard. He looked at Heidith as if he was looking at a total stranger. "Heidith, aren't you my brother? How can you ask me to apologize to someone... Unworthy?"

Heidith squinted his eyes. "I have only one brother and he's still in my mother's womb."

Derek widened his eyes in disbelief. "Hei... I mean your highness, very well." He clapped his hands, his eyes looked painful.

Heidith looked away. "Apologize right now."

Derek shook his head dramatically. Taking a deep breath, he turned to face Suzamine. "Well, I sincerely apologise to you, sir Suzamine."

Suzamine waved his hand nonchalantly. "It's fine."

Actually, he was stunned too. It was the first time Heidith ordered Derek to do something like that which hurt his ego and pride. Normally, he would spoil Derek unconditionally. What happened exactly?

Derek sniffed as he stormed off, stepping on the ground with loud thuds, indicating how angry he was.

Heidith glanced at the flower in his hand before putting it inside his coat pocket with a sigh.

"What happened, Loveinger? You don't look good," Mishila asked with concern. Her brown eyes looked worried.

"Nothing. We should just return to Rodwef as soon as possible."

Heidith was about to leave after saying that but Mishila tightly grabbed his wrist, preventing him from escaping.

"No, no. There's something wrong with you. Why did you snatch the flower away from Derek? It's rude, you know."